Saturday, March 12, 2005

Amanda - Starting up

Decided since the rest of the family is, we better start a blog. Thoughts, events, and pictures. For us (Amanda & Katsu).

Our update -

We are trying to decide where to move & what to do for next year. Katsu is looking into getting his PhD in Physiology/Kinesiology at either Penn State (in Hershey) or University of Michigan (in Ann Arbor). Amanda is also accepted to an EE PhD at University of Michigan, but we're waiting to hear about funding. But maybe, she just wants to work, and not do the whole grad school thing. So, that's how it goes. Hopefully we'll know soon.

Otherwise, we're busy planning our trip to Europe this summer. We have tickets to fly to Paris May 31st and fly out of Madrd on June 23rd. Right now, we are planning on seeing:

  • Paris - 4 days (1 of the days at Versailles)
  • Marseille - 1.5 days
  • Nice - 1 day
  • Monaco - 1 day
  • Barcelona - 3 days
  • Granada - 1.5 days
  • Seville - 1.5 days
  • Madrid - 3 days
  • Toleda - 1 day
  • Segovia - 1 day
  • Lisbon - 2 or 3 days

So, we're getting excited. That's all for us!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I posted on Grandma's blog, but just wanted to be the first to post on your new blog. We are big fans of education (Justin has a PhD in Econ and I have a Masters in Stats and constantly toy with going back to school) and travelling, so your posts and blog look wonderful and exciting! If you guys do move to UM, you'll have to let me know so I can meet Katsu (and get to know you!). I guess Penn State isn't so far away either, but we are in Columbus, OH, so its only about 3.5 hours to Ann Arbor.

By the way, we LOVE Ann Arbor. Hate Michigan in general (lived in Detroit for a while), but always loved going to Ann Arbor. We went fairly often to use their library which is also wonderful. I also hear that the student married ward is wonderful there too.

I'll be checking back to see what you guys decide.

(Cousin) Nicole