Okay, so yeah, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but it feels like Christmas this year. Maybe I am just feeling like I missed Christmas last year (Christmas in Japan is just not the same as it is in the states ... I missed having a stocking) so I am trying to over-compensate this year, but we are all excited about Christmas.
We have never had a Christmas tree before - well, unless you count those little tiny ones that are like 1 foot tall. So, this weekend we went out and bought a Christmas tree, ornaments (big red and small green and silver balls), that silvery stuff that you wrap around the tree, lights, and a gold star to put on top. It was so much fun. Yes, it's fake - we've always had a fake tree in both my and Katsu's family, so we are content with it. So, it was so much fun to put it up together. And it really feels like home to turn off all the lights except for the Christmas tree lights and watch them twinkle away. And of course, you can't forget the Christmas music - I found Detroit's only 24 hr a day Christmas music station. So, we are already getting all the Christmas music stuck in our heads.
On another note, the 18 lb. turkey is defrosting in the refrigerator, ready to be stuffed with our new stuffing recipe - sausage, apricots, and pecans ... yumm. I just love the holidays.
Promise to post some pictures soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds great! I remember the first year we did a true Christmas tree in 2003... it completely changed the season from a feeling of trying to get through school to get home to one of daily reflection on the spirit of Christmas.
We really need to get up there to see you guys and get to know you better (Or have you down here). Perhaps in the late winter, early spring.
Good luck on the Turkey... it was a feeling of great accomplishment (from one who has accomplished a lot!) to successfully cook my first Turkey!
Oh that's so exciting! We haven't decided if we want a real or fake one... we've both always had real ones but we're not sure if it's worth the mess, especially with Kathryn. We haven't had a Christmas tree either, besides a little 2 foot one so we are determined to get one this year! I'm ready for Christmas myself!
Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.
Post a Comment