So, Andrew has his two month appointment today, only the second time we have been to the doctor with him. So, we were able, for the first time, to really see how much he had been growing since he was born. Katsu and I had a bet going - I figured he was around 12 lbs and Katsu thought around 13 lbs. We both lost. Andrew weighs 14 lbs 4 oz! We can hardly believe it. He is 92% for weight, 24.5 inches (83% for height), and 80% for head circumference (up from a tiny 11% when he was born). The doctor said I must have monster milk for the baby to grow so big so fast without any supplementation. So, either Andrew or I am a monster! Otherwise, he is pretty healthy - a little umbilical hernia and some dermatitis. He also got his shots and his first dose of medicine for the pain. A fun visit all around.
Otherwise, we are loving our new apartment and all the space. We are finally starting to feel ready to have a social life again and have had a couple dinner parties this week. And I am thinking about getting ready to look at school stuff, find a babysitter for Andrew, and prepare for my icky qualifying exams in September. I just got the application today which makes me a bit anxious. Oh, and I taught gospel doctrine this week and will be teaching the Teaching for our Times lesson in RS this week. Which is interesting considering I have only ever taught Primary before. So, we are enjoying life! Hope everyone else is too.
3 comments:
He is a cutie! It's amazing how fast some babies grow!
good job Amanda! Sounds like all is well in your world and that makes us happy. Thanks for posting the pictures and update. Can Andrew get any cuter????? Grandma and Grandpa
Wow, Amanda! I cannot believe that's the same baby I saw a month ago. He really chubbed up. But I think he's even cuter than he was when I saw him.
Post a Comment