Well, I guess I didn't take any pictures in the last month (whoops), but here's the monthly update.
Andrew is talking a lot more, although I swear, I understand less and less of what he says because he is adding so many new words and I'm not all caught up. He doesn't say any Japanese words yet, but is saying at least one Bulgarian word and what seems like a Spanish word (I can only guess he learned it from watching Dora at his babysitters ?). He loves to jabber away. He has finally learned some more verbs, like "want" and "play". He loves to say, "Uh oh, no no" from his favorite book, "Baby Says". He also is constantly saying "hand" and grabbing me by the hand and leading me somewhere.
Andrew seems to be much more opinionated now that he is talking more. He is always trying to tell me exactly what he wants, but a lot gets lost in translation and he gets really frustrated and throws these little tantrums. Andrew has become a bit of a drama queen this last week. Whenever you say no or he doesn't get what he wants, he flops on the ground and rolls around a bit. Overall, though he is mostly pretty good.
Andrew finally seems to be getting a little more body-aware. He hates his hands being dirty and wants them washed (a new thing for him). Or maybe he just becoming a clean-freak, to counteract his mom's messy ways. He loves to "wash" the walls and is constantly stealing wipes or toilet papers to wipe them down. He is also a fan of dusting, but this usually deteriorates into playing with the cat and the duster. He still loves throwing away trash. He sometimes even starts putting his books and toys away on his own. He even helps load the dish washer.
He LOVES his fisher price farm more than ever. He also found a play house that Katsu made a long time ago out of popsicle sticks and he loves that too. He gets pretty upset when he loses one of his farm pieces and kept asking me for days where the goat was - thankfully, we finally found it. He also loves to do all his puzzles several times a day. He is a huge fan of bubbles - mainly trying to get the cat to chase the bubbles. He also loves running now and mostly running away from me whenever I need him for something. He loves to run all over the house. He also likes to pretend - especially that he is eating something from a picture in a book or likes to pretend that he is sleeping.
Eating and sleeping are about the same as before. He did finally gain weight though. We had to take him to the doctor after another asthma episode (this one was really frustrating because after breathing treatments, he still wasn't breathing well at all and wasn't eating at all because he couldn't breathe). The bad - they had to put him on steroids for the weekend to help him breathe. But the good - we saw that Andrew definitely weighs 26 pounds. Andrew also LOVES getting stickers at the doctor's office. We still took Andrew to the Super Bowl party, steroids and all. He definitely enjoyed all the snacks, but I think his poor sleep (stimulant breathing treatment + stimulant steroids + not being able to breathe DO NOT EQUAL good sleep) finally caught up with him and he feel asleep on my lap for the last quarter and didn't even wake up with people screaming right next to him. Definitely a first.
Andrew really loves going sledding outside and tromping around in the snow in his boots, but unfortunately it was pretty cold this month and we didn't get out a lot (I just think when the wind chill is below 0, it is too cold). But it warmed up a lot this weekend (definitely not permanent) and Andrew got to go sledding.
Andrew loves going to his class with Daddy on Saturday mornings and started a new one this year - Exploration Zone. They don't do as fun of singing, but Andrew loves all the toys. Funny kid spends half of each class playing with the fisher price little people - I guess he is hooked. He even got to spend all Saturday with Daddy last week when I went to my cousin's baby shower in Columbus.
Andrew still loves nursery. He cheers when it's time to go. He gets very excited every time he sees the church and yells "Church! Yeah!". I am glad he is so enthusiastic, though he is less than enthusiastic about sacrament meeting.
I have been trying to make more of an effort to take Andrew to story-time and the like at the library and book stores and stuff. He is still a little young for preschool story times and Andrew gets bored. Andrew still really really loves books, though, and is starting to enjoy older, non-board books more. His new favorite is "Frog and Toad", which he loves. We read the three books of those we have ALL the time.
It's been a fun month with Andrew. I can't believe he's so old already, but I think the older, the funner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. We sure miss you all. Love, Mom
Love the update! Anson said, "let's go play at the Funai's house today." As soon as their noses dry up we should play. Also, I'm waiting for your book reviews. Love them. Hope you're having a great week.
Krista
Thanks so much. Andrew sounds like a character and we would love to meet him. So cute. Love you all.
Post a Comment