(These pictures are all over a week old, I will upload some new ones soon - he really is getting bigger and cuter now. He still looks kind of funny in these pictures).
If Seth will cooperate and keep sleeping, I might get a little update on Seth.
Seth is a sweet little baby - the second child is kind of fun because you get to focus on getting to know them more instead of learning how to take care of a baby. Plus the fact that labor was so much easier, I have bonded much faster this time, I am healing faster this time, this has just seemed a lot more fun.
Seth is a sleepy baby, but he is finally starting to wake up sometimes. For the first week or two I was spending a good 6+ hours a day trying to wake him up to eat. Poking him, playing with his feet, undressing him, cold washcloths, you name it. Breastfeeding was a super major challenge, but I think he has finally got it down. He had horrible suction, and for the first week or so, often wouldn't latch on even after 15-30 minutes of trying. Actually supplementing with some pumped milk helped a lot and we rarely have to do that anymore. He still will latch on and off maybe 4-5 times during a 10 minute feed, but that is a huge improvement. He eats every 2-3 hours during the day and every 3-3.5 hours at night. A little tiring, but I hope as he gets bigger that will be longer at least occasionally. I was really worried that he wasn't gaining weight but I think he looks a little rounder now. We'll see at his weight check next week.
Seth sleeps a lot. The first week or two, he was maybe up 4 hours a day. And that was all feeding attempts. Now, he is awake for an hour (maybe) a few times a day. The rest of the time, he is napping in his swing, on us, or in the crib. He is REALLY loud when he sleeps and makes all kinds of grunting noises and stuff. Andrew never made any noise unless he was crying, so it's different for us. I think it bothers Katsu more than it does me. This kid is also a pooping / farting machine! And he makes TONS of noise to go along with it. Also a different change. We are going through so many diapers ... I forgot about that. He is starting to spit up ... but I'm hoping it will be less than Andrew. He also rarely cries, except when he decides that he is hungry and then he needs to eat RIGHT THEN. He makes all kind of funny faces (like he has to try them all out), but mostly he smiles A LOT. It's cute.
We lazy first time parents finally gave him his first bath yesterday. Not as much crying as I expected as Seth hates hates hates being undressed.
Overall, he is a sweet boy who likes to be held, swaddled, and loves to gaze into our eyes. I am still always shocked when I see his gray eyes. He just looks so much lighter than Andrew. We love our little Seth boy. And to think, his due date is not until tomorrow!
1 comment:
Oh honey, we are so happy for your little family. How thankful we are that little Seth is here and you both are doing so well. We love you and hope to see you sometime soon. It's a wonderful post and he is a handsome little fellow. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment