So, I am a little bit late getting this up because I have been busy celebrating my birthday, but Seth did indeed turn two months on Monday. He went to the doctor, yesterday, on my birthday. A bad idea, on my part, because he was then fussy, lethargic, and feverish from shots all day, making it hard to celebrate. Anyways ... he weighed 12 lbs 7 oz (almost exactly doubling his birth weight) which is about 70% and had height and head circumference about 25%. He looked pretty good - a hernia, like Andrew had, and maybe a little concern over his frequent projectile vomit. They were cool with us putting him to sleep on his side. His head is definitely getting quite flat, but we have seen much improvement since putting him on his side last week or so. He hated the shots, but then, what do you expect?
Seth is such a happy baby. He coos all the time like a little conversation. It is SO cute. (What's even funnier is when Andrew "coo"s back - it sounds like a pigeon).
He loves to look at pictures on the wall and will stare at them forever. He loves the mobile on his swing and will coo and smile at it so much. He really likes listening to music. He also LOVES to be outside and especially look at trees. He really likes being held. When he is in his sling, he looks around a lot for the first 10 minutes and then falls fast asleep. He is not very fond of being in his car seat.
Seth is SO cute, at least we think so. His hair and eyes are still light. His hair is almost sort of reddish in the sunlight. His eyes are kind of hazel, now. He looks a lot like Andrew in his baby pictures (which I am always bummed about, because I want my boys to look really different).
Seth sleeps REALLY well. He goes to sleep between 8 and 9 and then will sleep most nights till sometime between 3 and 5. Then he'll wake again between 6:30 and 7:30. Some nights he wakes up twice, but at least half the time it's only once. He also takes really stellar naps. He takes at least one in the morning and then sleeps almost all afternoon (waking up to eat, of course). He eats every 2-3 hours during the day and about every hour in the early evening. He eats well and fast (rarely more than 10 minutes), but has this projectile vomit thing a couple times a day where I swear he spits up the entire feed. Kind of obnoxious and makes for A LOT of laundry.
We love Seth & are having a lot of fun. It seems so much easier and fun the second time around.
3 comments:
Doh! Happy belated birthday to you! I guess that's what I get (i.e. missing your big day) for not checking FB more often...
:) ML
projectile vomit
I'm sure you've had plenty of suggestions on this, but here is one more, OR one more that you have already heard. All my kids were vomiters, I thought part of handing over a baby to someone else was to hand over the burp cloth too. It seemed to help a little....I limit feed times. I used to just let them eat until they were done, but then switched to 3 or 5 minutes only on each side. Then, keep them propped up for 10-15 minutes after.
Gwen
Why is time passing so quickly? I quick trying to keep up with people. I'll just have to call you sometime. I think my severe lack of sleep for the past 6 months has caused me to go through some kind of time warp. I'm glad your baby sleeps though the night.
Post a Comment