This may be a little short, because I injured my finger today (stitches and all!) and can't type as well as usual.
Seth is still cuter than ever and definitely getting chubby. I guess I just make chubby boys! He has the biggest widest grin and loves to flash it. He is so exited to see us when he wakes up and just smiles and coos. He has long conversations mostly consisting of "Ah goo" and just LOVES to talk to us. He also has started giggling which is so cute. He gets really excited from seeing people and especially looking at his swing mobile and the little mirror on it. He has started to get a little leary of Andrew (I think the honeymoon period is over, folks) who likes to roar at him, "hurt him just a little bit" (as Andrew would say), and, on the other hand, give his super big kisses and hugs. He is definitely a mommy's boy, right now, but gives big smiles to Daddy, too.
Seth is not enjoying tummy time so much, but he raises his head up 90 deg for most of the time and today even looked like he might try to roll over. Occasionally, he still falls asleep during tummy time, but it looks to me like his days of cat naps anywhere will soon be coming to an end. Seth is still super fascinated with looking at pictures ... he also seems interested in TV screens and computer screens (we'll have to be more careful than that). He also has been interested in looking through books a couple times. We'll keep trying on that.
Seth is still a good sleeper. He wakes up at night only about half the time. The other nights he'll sleep a whole 10-12 hours without waking, which is awesome in my book. He falls asleep pretty easily during the day, but I think I need to stop just shlepping him around everywhere and actually pay a bit of attention to nap times and the like now. A little more difficult with two ...
Seth is such a joy around our house. And I am enjoying being a mom of a baby so much more this time. You know how people say "I just hate watching them grow up; I want them to stay little" or "I just love the way a baby smells" or "I just want to hold them" - I get it now. Which is fun. We love our little Seth.
2 comments:
Seth is just so cute. It looks like his eyes are getting darker, but his hair still looks reddish brown. Can't wait to see you all again soon. Love, Mom
Yes, he is way cute and we think he looks a lot like Andrew. We are so happy you are so enjoying being a mom now. Who wouldn't with a baby that sleeps so well and is so happy all the time. It's great! Love you
Post a Comment