Friday, December 10, 2010

Andrew is another month older

I’m not sure what to post about this month.  Nothing very exciting in the last month.  Andrew is pretty much doing the same things as last month.  He seems to kind of be in an onery sort of mood, in general.  More fits than usual – I had almost forgot about those, but now he has fits regularly.  Little ones, though, so he recovers quickly. 

He doesn’t like to play with toys much anymore, or at least not ours.  He much prefers to turn the house into some sort of jungle gym (drives me nuts!) or play pretend, sort of things.  I think he would like some sort of boy Barbie sort of toy – like how my brother had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a kind, but I’m not quite sure what to get him.  I feel like he just mopes around the house half the day when we aren’t reading and he isn’t constructing something.  I feel like he keeps getting into trouble.  I think he is probably lonely too and really needs to hang out with other kids, but I am just a total loss about what to do about that. 

Otherwise … let’s see.  Andrew still says funny things all the time.  Still obsessed with when/who he will marry and when he will die.  He also compulsively asks “What’s your name?”, all the time.  Drives me nuts.  He still likes to talk with all kinds of pretend words, too, which similarly drives me nuts.  He is such a talker and has a huge vocab, though.  I can never believe the words he will say – I have no idea where he learns them.

Andrew is sweet with Seth when they aren’t beating up on each other.  He likes to say how they are going to be dancers when they grow up because they like to hold hands.  I am not sure the exact logic, but its cute.

He is really really looking forward to going to Texas for Christmas and talks about his relatives ALL the time.  He wants to call and talk on Skype with them all the time.  It’s cute, I wish that we had some sort of family that lived closer.  Or heck, even friends.  Oh, well.

Fun things this month:

- Thanksgiving, just us.  Andrew kept talking about how he didn’t like pie all month, but then a couple days before he said he wanted pie, so I decided to make one.  Which, of course, he didn’t eat.  The boys mostly just wanted to eat cranberry sauce.

- Black Friday shopping – which Andrew did not enjoy.  Oh, well.

- Walking through the Christmas lights at Tilles Park.

- Seeing the Christmas lights at Belleville.

- Seeing the Transportation museum for the first time.  It was fun to climb on trains and see how they work, just like Thomas.

- Visiting the zoo.

- Play dates with a little boy in the ward.  They love to play trains together.

- Fireworks watching from our apartment for Clayton’s winter festival.

- Seeing the creche at the ward building.  Andrew and Seth were pretty much NOT impressed with this at all.  By the end, they were totally acting out, so we left.  Andrew liked dressing up for the creche picture.

Nov 2010 008 Nov 2010 038

No comments: