Saturday, March 12, 2011

Andrew is 3 years 10 months

Only a couple days late this time.  Another fun and busy month.

As you can tell, Andrew has become thick as theives with Seth this month, getting into so much trouble.  More than I could even tell.  His new favorite is playing with my makeup and painting his face blue (why I have this eye shadow, I am not sure).  I always tell him, “You can’t play with this” and he says, “I’m not playing – I need this.  I am working”.

March 2011 017

He LOVES church stuff.  He plays with his board set almost every day.  He makes sure we say prayers every day and wants to have family home evening every night.  He has Katsu tell a Jesus story every night before he goes to bed.  He talks about Jesus all the time and tells people about him – the library, everywhere.  He told me that “Jesus knows everything” and I asked him where he learned that.  He said, “Jesus told me during my prayers”.  I can’t believe how religious he is.

March 2011 020

Andrew is really into using time and number words, but he hasn’t quite figured it out.  So cute.

He is finally getting the knack of undressing and dressing himself.  Hooray.  Of course, when he puts things on the wrong way, he refuses to change it around.  The other day, his pants and his underwear were both backwards.  Oh, well.

March 2011 031

He still wakes up like every 3 hours unless one of us is sleeping next to him and he wants to hold our hand to go to sleep and sometimes at night, too.  He really wants to sleep by himself all night so he can get stickers and go to Chuck E Cheese, but then he’ll tell us each not, that tonight he’s “not ready yet”.  Sigh …

March 2011 034

Another fun month with Andrew.  I can’t believe he is almost 4.  He has an assessment tomorrow through Parents As Teachers.  It will be interesting to see what they have to say.

March 2011 014

Fun things this month -

- Play dates with kids in the ward.

- Really fun puppet show with “Bark George Bark” and “Daddy Mountain” at the library.  Andrew loved it.  We watched it with a friend from our Washington University group, who Andrew really likes.  But he wouldn’t sit next to her because he was “too shy” and wanted to be by me.  Don’t know where that came from.

- Getting valentines and candy from the kids at his preschool … a week late, but he still loved them.  I think some are still littering their bedroom/playroom.

- Princess and the Frog at the History museum.  Another big hit – the kids loved it and Andrew kept wanting to get more and more snacks.  Too bad the series will be done for the year.

- Storytime with our Washington University group at the History Museum.  The boys made cowboy costumes.

- Mardi Gras parade in St. Charles.  Post to follow, but let’s say it was an adventure!  Andrew had a lot of fun and then worn his Mardi Gras beads for the next week ALL the time (except during preschool).

- Dr. Seuss two weeks at preschool.  Andrew had so much fun – they dressed up a different thing each day, they made Dr. Seuss hats, ate green eggs and ham, and painted their feet on two different days!  Now, every time we go to the library, he finds lots of new Dr. Seuss books.

- Another filling for Andrew.  Poor boy.  I hope it’s the last one forever … or at least for a long time.  It did NOT go well at all.  He was completely heartbroken by the time they were done.  But he cheered up with a milkshake from McDonalds and new shoes from the mall (he grew 2 full sizes since the last pair … whoops).

- Jambalaya and King Cake for Fat Tuesday.  Andrew was SO excited and couldn’t wait to eat the cake all day and was so excited about the beads and baby Jesus on top.

- A cold visit to the Botanical Gardens.  And finally, lots of visit to the park, which thanks to the new park is CRAWLING with kids.  Lots of kids for Andrew to play with … he always seems to gravitate to the girls.

- St. Patrick’s Day parade with Daddy today!  Andrew LOVED it.  St. Louis is a GREAT place for parades!  I missed it, but he told me that he loved “everything”.  Of course, he says that about everything.  “What was your favorite part?”  “Everything”.  Always.

March 2011 039Mardi Gras Parade Feb 2011 003

No comments: