Friday, June 10, 2011

Andrew is 4 years 1 month old!

Another month has gone by.  What to say …

Andrew has been going through kind of an annoying stage.  He throws fits almost at the drop of the hat.  It is quite frustrating – and he is really into throwing things and knocking things over.  Thankfully, I think it has been getting a little bit better than when we first started him on his allergy/asthma medication.  He also drags his feet any time we have to leave the house.  I think he is finally on top of the all the self-care stuff and he can get dressed all by himself, but actually getting him to do that in a timely manner … that is a different story.  We’ll have to think of something to make it through 5-day preschool next school year.

IMG_0475

Andrew is pretty excited about having a new baby in the house.  He really wants a girl – twin girls actually (one for him, one for Seth) – but he’ll settle for one girl which he wants to call Tallulah.  He is convinced that no matter, it will be a girl.  After all, he told me, the ultrasound could be wrong, and it could be a girl no matter what.   Good luck, Andrew.  He is already starting to mother Seth more and is constantly checking Seth’s diaper.  Seth surprisingly goes along with it about half the time.  Of course, still not much interested in his doll who remains naked most of the time.

June 2010 004

Andrew is so sad that preschool is over.  He cried that day and the next because he misses his friends so much.  In fact, he has not promoted everyone to being his friend except for one poor girl.  I don’t know why she isn’t his friend.  The preschool was supposed to have an event at the Magic House (Children’s museum), but it was cancelled when there was a tornado just over our house.  So sad.  So, his class got together at the park.  Andrew fell and got a HUGE goose-egg.  It’s been a week and he still has a big bump on his head and the bruising has now gone down to his eyes, so he looks like he has two big black eyes, too.  Poor kid.  He looks pretty awful.

June 2010 008

Speaking of tornados, Andrew is TERRIFIED.  He constantly watches the weather (he wants to watch it like 30 minutes a day at least … how nice that digital TV has weather channels – at least, he believes me that the channel is mostly on a loop, so we don’t watch it forever).  Every afternoon, Andrew tells me he can hear the sirens.  He makes me look up whether there is a tornado.  One day, there was a tornado siren (I heard it), and I turned on the TV and it was right above our house, basically, and he freaked out and started practically crying and trying to run down to our neighbor’s basement.

June 2010 018

Andrew had Vacation Bible school this week.  It was cheap and I thought he would have fun.  But every day he told me it was so LONG.  I think the boys in his group were not very nice, because VBS seemed so fun.  We came and picked him up every day and watched them go over what they learned and sing and dance.  I think he did have some fun, though.

June 2010 029

Andrew has learned all his ABCs now (at least in uppercase) and knows some of their sounds and can recognize the numerals.  He is very interested in letters and numbers.  I have been trying to get him to at least read a digital clock so he knows not to wake us up before 7 am because is waking up when the sun rises (like 5:30 – eeks!).  Still not too interested in writing, but he loves to cut, glue, and paint.  And I think he has finally mostly figured out his colors!!!  He is really into the summer reading program and is trying to get all the prizes as fast as possible – which isn’t hard when we read to the boys like an hour a day!  He is playing ball with Katsu and is improving I think.  He can ride his bike with training wheels.

June 2010 056

Andrew is a sweet loving boy!  He is cute.  He is not afraid to tell me that everyone loves him.  A discussion with his primary leader – “Why are you sitting with the sunbeams?”  “Oh, I just thought I would sit with you guys.”  “No, I think it is because you love me and wanted to sit by me.”  I guess he isn’t lacking in self-confidence.

June 2010 058

Fun Things This Month:

- Playdates and parties with friends in the ward.

- Hiking in Queeny park.  Someone was missing their dog and Andrew still sometimes asks if they found it.  Eating at a great Chinese buffet afterwards – Andrew loved it.  The best way to explain money to Andrew:  We can do X or we can go to a chinese buffet for Y number of times.

Andrew 2

- Small circus at Barnes and Noble.  Andrew loves juggling – who knew!

- Fun story times at the library, including Clifford day!

-Climbing through a forest at our friend’s house to go to their little river and throwing rocks there and watching the fish and setting bamboo on fire in their grill!  And there was Chinese food and their cat to chase.  Could the day get any better.  Andrew loved playing their sitar.

Andrew 3

- Hiking at Lone Elk Park.  Andrew LOVED seeing the elk, but was pretty disappointed that we didn’t see any Bison.  He liked seeing the birds at the World Bird Sanctuary, too.  We sure wore him out.  Then, we went to the ward picnic – Andrew loved the games and said he won everything – I’m not sure about that, as a friend was watching him, but he seemed to love it, even the flag burning (I mean, retirement, or whatever it is called).

- Strawberry picking.  Andrew did a pretty good job of picking but refused to be in the same row as me and wanted to keep trying new rows.

Andrew class

- Dentist appointment with no cavities!  I guess flossing every day might have helped a little bit.

- Party day at Tilles Park and the black-eye/goose-egg incident at Tilles Park with his preschool.

- Vacation Bible School – the theme was “PandaMania” and they learned that – God created them – God watches them – God listens to them – God saves them (not sure about that one) – and God gives good gifts.  Funny to hear Andrew singing along to all the songs and coaching Seth to say “Thank you God”.  I think he had some fun.

Andrew

- Going to see Shakespeare in the Park – Taming of the Shrew, sort of set in the 1950’s.  Andrew was pretty tired … but he seemed to enjoy it.

No comments: