I can’t believe he is already so old. I know I say that every month, but his life is just speeding by.
Logan is enormous. I will update with his stats when he goes to the doctor on Monday, but last time I weighed him he was 20 lbs! He is so chubby, just rolls and folds everywhere. You can barely see his wrists and ankles, it seems like. He is pretty long, too, I think, though, because he isn’t as chubby as I would expect based on his huge weight. He just keeps growing and growing and growing. I put out all the 6-9 month and 9-12 month clothing and just use whatever fits. I swear, most of the 6-9 month stuff seems too tight on the arms as soon as I brought it out and some of them seem too short, too. He wears size 3 diapers but they leak quite often – I am hoping to finish them up soon and put him in size 4, where I hope he will stay for a long time.
Logan got his first hair cut this month with the clippers. Mostly in the back and along the ears because it was getting seriously long. He didn’t mind too much. I was worried the first day because his trademark sticky-uppy hair was gone, but after a day it was back. Yay! I just think it is so cute.
Logan has had a tough month of sleep. The first couple weeks were great – he was consistently doing 7-3 or 7-5 every night. I was completely spoiled! But then, he started to break out of swaddles and now he detests swaddling because he wants to suck his hand, so we have been trying to rework his sleep. I try to get him to go to sleep on his own in the night sometimes, but he is not ready for that, yet, most of the time. Last night was better and he at least slept from 11-5:30 without waking up so hopefully he is getting used to the non-swaddling. He prefers to nurse or be rocked in our arms to sleep, but he goes to sleep much easier than Andrew did. And if he’s tired enough, he can sometimes go to sleep on his own.
As I said, he is now a thumb sucker. He is sucking on his thumbs quite a bit, but not quite vigourously enough to be self-soothing. But I bet he will get there. It is pretty cute and I am hoping he will self-soothe better than the other boys because of it.
Logan is working on rolling and sitting up. He did roll from tummy to back completely on his own this week, but we’ll see if he really has that skill. I can tell he tries to do it, though and I can see him working on trying to rock on his arms. But when we are trying to get him to roll or rolling over, he is much more content on tummy-time. He will tolerate it for a lot longer now and we do it a lot during the day. He also likes to sit in my lap or between my legs on the floor. He is also starting to sit up in a high chair. when I prop him up on the couch, he uses his muscles to pull himself forward into more of a sitting position but then falls over. He is gripping things pretty well and is starting to grab for toys if they are sitting in front of him. He gets really excited to sit on his activity mat and grab the toys and will kick his legs.
I can tell that he is starting to be very attached to me. He loves Katsu and is excited when he is home, but he really loves me. He will watch me wherever I am and stare and wait until I come back. I am worried he will get separation anxiety young like Andrew – twice this week he burst into tears when a stranger was talking to him.
Logan is still nursing about every 3 hours during the day. I think he is starting to show some interest in food – he even seemed to like the rice we fed him on his 100-day Japanese feast. I might start him on solids earlier than the other boys.
He is a huge cat napper, but the last few days he has taken a consistent 1+ hour in the morning and maybe one other nap that is over 45 minutes, so I am hoping his naps with consolidate a little bit. He generally wakes up around 7 and goes to bed around 6:30-7 at night.
Logan loves to talk and have conversations. He loves to laugh, especially when you are laughing and he will laugh along with you. He smiles whenever you pay attention to him. He also loves being kissed and will give kisses back (mostly to me). I love it! He opens his mouth wide and then lunges forward to your cheek or lips. So cute!
Logan enjoys going outside and gets excited about being in his stroller and loves looking around. He generally has fallen asleep by the time we get to the park. He likes being in a sling outside as long as he is facing forward, but he still probably prefers being held. He likes to be held facing outwards. He likes standing in my lap and also likes laying on my legs when I am on my back. He loves doing the rhyme “The Grand Old Duke of York” and is so smiley and happy whenever we do it. He is starting to sit still through me reading stories to the other kids – for maybe 10-15 minutes or so.
Fun Things This Month:
- Lots of days at the park. It has been such a mild winter. Logan even enjoys the baby swing most days.
- Celebrating his 100 days old. We took video instead of still photos, so we will have to post it sometime. We actually did it closer to 110 days since Katsu was out of town. Logan really seemed to actually enjoy the food, much more so than the other boys.
- Outings with the boys – to the zoo, the history museum, play dates, the library.
- His first baby story time. He seemed pretty interested in the songs and books for such a little guy. We will have to do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment