Oh, boy – another tough month for our boy. Not just tantrums and unreasonableness, but such anxiety. The poor thing. He has started having accidents almost every day this week and I’m not even sure why. He is also falling all over himself. And I keep trying to find him around 3 or 4 because it has suddenly gotten too quiet to find him underneath tons of blankets and usually with cushions over his face. I don’t see how he can breathe, but I think I usually find him quickly after he falls asleep. He also is terrified to sleep at night and will only sleep on the couch. He sometimes refuses to go preschool, but I can usually con/trick him into the car and he will go in the door once we get there. Last week he wouldn’t go to Sunbeams and stayed with at church the whole time. He would just sit at home and play cars with me and read stories all day every day if he could. He never wants to eat his meals and only wants snacks – I don’t think he ate even one bite of dinner last night. Poor kiddo. What a time!
Seth is the ultimate rule follower. If there is a defined rule, you better follow it and so had better everyone else. He is surprisingly good at being quiet when I am putting Logan down for a nap – all I have to say is “Quiet play time” and he will go and play quietly in his room. Yay!
Otherwise, not much seems new this month. Seth had the flu, but not too bad. But with sickness, colds, and Katsu being out of town a lot, we mostly were homebodies this month.
Fun Things This Month
- International Night at the school – families sponsored booths and had snacks from their home countries. Andrew and Seth went with Katsu and tried all the different foods. They loved it!
- Setsubun – we threw jelly beans at a bemasked Daddy. Seth is still not so sure about this holiday. For a week or two, Seth would still tell me that he does not like “that holiday where you throw jelly beans”. I think the Goblin kind of freeks him out.
- Super Bowl – we ended up being home the whole day because everyone was sick, so we made a party of it with lots of snacks.
- Donuts with Dad – Seth really looked forward to this event with Katsu. I think he thought that Katsu would be bringing donuts and Seth kept putting in requests. And then that morning, true to form, he was “sick” and didn’t want to go. But he had a great time!
- Valentine’s Day – Seth was excited about writing his name on all the valentine’s (he’s getting better) and picked out Batman ones. He seemed to have fun at his party and was super excited to bring home his valentines and candies and share them with Andrew and Logan. He still likes to pick out his favorite ones and show them. We had a some chocolate at home for the boys on Valentine’s Day as well.
- Magic House – with just me and the boys. Seth had lots of fun – I should take them every month.
- Zoo – two or three times. Seth likes going on the carousel and seeing a few of the exhibits, but then he gets bored.
- Chinese New Year Party – we went to our friends party again and it was fun. Seth was pretty hesitant to go and play with the other kids at first, but he finally got over his fears and had fun. They loved the food, of course! I think they enjoyed the fireworks, too, but one got a little close to the boys and so they got scared and came in.
- Black History Month at Andrew’s school – Seth got a little bit bored, but enjoyed it. There was some performances by the 5th grade and then a play based off The Three Little Pigs. They even brought home little pumpkin pies.
- Snow – it was a bit too icy for snowmen, but the boys built a snow fort with Katsu and also walked to the park and went sledding. And you can never have too many snow ball fights! Seth keeps wandering off whenever we go outside to run through the snow and is in love with Andrew’s old boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment