Or was ... like a week ago. I am getting so behind on these. Seth is still having a bumpy transition to life here. One big change was Katsu getting called into the bishopric. Seth has not been happy about that. He wants Katsu to sit with us. And we are back to him not going to Primary again. I tried to take him a couple weeks ago and he ended up teary eyed and I had to get him. Last week, he refused to go because he said I wouldn't stay with the whole time and so he stayed about half way through RS when he finally decided it was too boring and he would go to his class. It was interesting ... I was trying to conduct RS with Logan starting to doze off on my shoulder (won't go to nursery) and Seth sitting next to me.
I just hope we're doing right by Seth and not forcing him into anything. I hope he's not too bored at home. He likes to do things quietly by himself. He loves to look at Japanese comic books, seriously for hours at a time. He also loves to do workbooks. He worked through the BrainQuest kindergarten one in probably 1-2 months and that is one long book. Then, he was sad without it so I got him another 300 pg kindergarten one, a different brand. I though 1st grade would be a bit hard. Seth really wants to do really well because he thinks if he does, he can be in the same grade as Andrew. Poor kid - sometimes, I feel like he is just counting time until Andrew comes home from school.
I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but Seth is very afraid of blood. He is a tough kid - like seriously tough. But at the first sight of blood - wow, he freaks out. Like today, he fell off his scooter on our daily walk and got some little cuts on his knee and elbow. I thought he was going to hyperventilate for at least the next 30 minutes, probably more like hour. It's like he just can't handle the thought that he is bleeding, poor kid.
Seth is such a nervous thing. He chews on everything, whatever is around. It is his nervous habit, I guess.
Seth keeps doing better in school things. He still does his reading lessons, now and then. He is about 60 lessons through. He can read some things and is getting much better at writing his letters and his numbers. He can do some simple math, too.
Seth loves playing on the computer. He loves to look at books and do crafts and to play army. He likes to play outside, but mostly if Andrew is around.
And soccer - Seth is obsessed. Every day he asks if it is a soccer day. He practices every day and cries if Katsu doesn't play enough with him or pay enough attention. He goads the players on Andrew's team and gives them pretty good advice. He LOVES soccer like it's no one's business. It is SO cute.
Fun Things This Month:
- Soccer games galore.
- Lots of inside rainy days.
- A couple visits to Dad's work. He puts a video on the screen for them to watch while he works, plus there is candy so they LOVE it.
- Hanging out at the walking school bus day and getting treats.
- Visit to the eye doctor. Seth was nervous, but we watched a you tube video about what would happen, and he did really well. They said his vision is pretty good ... he probably will need glasses, but not for another year or two. Seth got to get some sunglasses to take home and for several days he was very serious about how his doctor told him that he had to wear sunglasses or he would hurt his eyes.
- We got "booed" and go to "boo" some other people in the neighborhood. Seth was really excited about it and had to come and deliver one with us (he feel asleep early the other night and missed it). He ran and put it on their porch, but hid it. I had to come out and show him to put it on the door mat or they might never find it. Then, the next day, he told them we had "booed" them. Ha ha ha.
- Trunk or treat at ECU - pretty small ... I think Seth was a bit disappointed.
- Trunk or treat at church. Seth dressed as a tiger - nice and warm for a cold evening. He got lots of candy and had lots of fun.
- Watching some of the world series with Dad. Seth is a big Cardinals fan.
- Day trip to New Bern -- we went to the Firefighters museum (the kids favorite thing of the day), the birthplace of Pepsi (kids not interested at all), the Cow Cafe for lunch (everything decorated in cows and a kids play room, plus pop corn and ice cream - i.e., kid paradise), and then walked around the city and went and walked through the grounds of Tryon Palace. The kids did a lot of walking, but were excited to try to find all the bears that were painted differently around town.
- Fall Festival at Andrew's school. Seth got to do a haunted house on a scooter thing that you laid on, and played lots of games - ring toss, bowling, sack race, etc. etc. and got some candy. They all had a lot of fun.
- Our playset was installed which was super exciting for Seth!
- Halloween!!! Our friends came over and we had Chili and then we went around the neighborhood. I was slow with Logan, but the rest of the boys (Andrew, Seth, plus their two boys) were running around from house to house. I couldn't keep up! We ran into lots of people we knew and it was just pretty busy and fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment