Anyways, the biggest change for Seth this month is he decided he wants to go to preschool. Yay! He said it for about a week or two before I felt like he was really sure. At this point, I wasn't sure if we would be able to find a spot, but luckily the preschool I contacted had just had someone that day say they were going to move. Crazy! We visited and Seth was a little nervous, but the kids in his class just loved him and were showing him all around and he made a bracelet and had a fantastic time. He is signed up for the 4 day class, so he is Tuesday - Friday. He wanted to start immediately, but I needed to get him a backpack and finish up my semester. And of course, Seth wanted a particular Batman backpack, so I had to order it online. And of course, the last two days he says he doesn't want to go to preschool. But too late buddy! He starts on Tuesday and I hope he likes it. I am excited - I think this will be really good for him (for getting ready for kindergarten and not being so bored at home) and I am excited. Logan will be doing one morning a week too in the Mother's Day Out program, so I will have one morning a week to myself ... well, until I start work again next semester.
Seth went to Sunbeams today the whole time. Katsu dropped him off - I think that makes the biggest difference. Yay! Maybe he will finally go regularly before he is no longer a sunbeam.
Seth is still mostly into reading his books and wanting to play computer games. He isn't too much interested in learning to read or his work books. I picked him up some Bob books at the library, though, and he loved them. I still feel like he is mostly biding time until Andrew comes home from school so they can play together. He is starting to play more with Logan which makes me happy.
Fun Things This Month:
- Last soccer game. Seth just loved his season and did really well. He was always so eager and he still likes to play soccer every day.
- Loving the new swing set. Would love to swing for an hour or more every day.
- Voting with Mom. Mostly wanted to try out the swingset at the church we were voting at. Wish every Sunday that our church had a playground.
- Playing too much Lego Star Wars video game while we painted the fence. Seth LOVES it. I smell an addiction on our hands if we aren't careful.
- Visiting preschool.
- Going to an ECU football game. Seth LOVED it!
- Doing a motion study for ECU. Seth wore an accelerometer for a week. I can only imagine the data - it is probably him being still for hours at time (reading comic books) and bouncing around the rest of the time. Unless that kid is obsessed with something, he is the wiggliest kid I know.
- Thanksgiving - Seth wasn't much interested in the food and didn't stay around at the table very long. He was mostly interested in playing soccer with our guest before and after.
- Putting up the Christmas tree and decorations.
No comments:
Post a Comment