This has been a hard and exciting month for Logan - he has a new baby brother, Noah, and now he is a big brother himself. Logan was getting excited for the baby to come, but I wasn't sure how he would actually like his brother when he saw what a baby was like. So far, he is doing really well. He loves to hold and touch and talk to the baby. Sometimes he forgets and still asks to "talk to the baby" in my belly, but he realizes his error. He still like to rub my belly, which I guess is okay.
I can tell this is a stressful time for him. He is pretty fine during the day, though he does seem more apt to cry. But he has a hard time with sleep. He did not want Grandma and Grandpa to put him to bed, so Katsu came home the night I stayed at the hospital and stayed with him at night. The plan was that he would stay in his own bed at night (although now he wants to sleep on his car toddler bed in the baby room instead of on a futon in the big boy's room) or that Katsu would sleep with him. He did a really good job the first couple nights - you could tell he was trying hard and trying to be brave. But I think it's just too much change for him. So, he has been sleeping in our bed most nights about half the time. But it's okay - Noah is sleeping in a pack and play next to us and it's working out. The first week, it was too hard with my stitches to walk up the stairs, so Katsu put him to sleep, but I've been putting him to sleep most nights now because it is easier for him. He is thankfully still taking naps - it was a little crazy the first week and he skipped some, but my goodness - he was grumpy! So I am hoping he still takes naps for awhile. It is nice for everyone and will be especially nice once the older boys are back in school. I have hardly ever had two nap at once!
Logan loves for me to sing him to sleep - it's really cute. I sing all the primary songs I can think of - well, at least the more mellow ones. His favorite that he wants me to start with is, of course, "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" and he usually sings along to that one and "I am a child of God". He is quite a good singer and knows all the words. He also likes me to sing him nursery rhymes.
Logan likes to go to nursery now. One day, I told him that he only had a few more months of nursery left before he starts Sunbeams. And how nursery is the best class because there are toys and snacks. Well, he seems to have absorbed it. Seriously, I told him once, and now he wants to go every week and will tell me about how they have toys and snacks and how my class is boring. Score! In fact, I had been planning on having him stay home with me and Noah on Sundays for awhile, but he wanted to go with Dad. So, Katsu got to hold sleeping Logan all sacrament meeting, but he went happily to nursery! Now, as long as he can keep the germs at bay ...
Logan has finally learned how to mostly pedal his tricycle, but he still will stop and be lazy, sometimes. He loves to play outside - soccer and basketball, sidewalk chalk, and riding his tricycle.
Logan plays really well by himself. He likes to play with his brothers (I think), but he likes to play when they aren't there and he can play exactly how he wants. He's pretty independent about it - after he eats a meal, he will come up to me and say "I go play now. Bye mom". I love it! One day, Andrew and Seth were gone with Grandpa almost all day and I don't think Logan missed them hardly at all until the end of the day.
Fun Things This Month
- Lots of movies. We went to the movies every Tuesday before the baby was born and afterwards, Grandpa took them on Tuesday and Wednesday! Logan sometimes enjoyed them (he really liked Despicable Me 2 and talked about it for a long time, but usually he would tell me it was boring and sometimes he would fall asleep. He was always very good about being quiet, though.
- Going out to eat a couple times is always fun.
- A couple adult birthday barbeques at the neighbors - always fun.
- Grandma and Grandpa in town.
- lots of pool time and soccer games outside with Dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment