A little late, but today is Noah's well-child visit, so we can all learn how big he is. Noah weighed 14 lbs and 8 oz (97 percentile), 23 1/4 inches (50 percentile) and head circumference 15 3/4 inches (75 percentile). He did great - he screamed when he got his shots, but calmed down pretty quickly.
Noah has grown up a lot this month. He isn't a little newborn anymore and looks and acts more like a baby. First, sleep - Noah is doing really well. We moved him out of our room and upstairs into his crib. I think the crib is way more comfortable and I figured we would all sleep better if we weren't listening to each other. We got a better monitor (yay!), so after the first night, I wasn't worried about not hearing him. So, Noah has basically been sleeping through the night. I will enjoy it as long as it lasts. He goes to sleep usually between 8 and 9 (sometimes earlier) and then will sleep until usually 5 or 6 when I feed him and then he usually sleeps until almost 8:30. Or at least, that is his routine for the last week or so. It's awesome!!! He sleeps in a swaddle, though sometimes he gets his arms out, but it doesn't seem to affect him too much. I think when he is done with a swaddle, he will probably suck his thumb. He loves to suck on his thumb and fingers - I think he will be a thumb sucker, but we will see. Naps ... I can see that maybe he will have a routine, soon, but it is kind of all over the place. As long as he sleeps at night - that is all I care about. Days we are home, he will tend to take a long nap sometime, usually afternoon. But days we are out and about (which with 3 other kids is most of them), he takes many short naps.
Noah eats well. I gave up on feeding him on both sides, so he just takes one breast per feeding. He eats every 2-4 hours depending on the time (except at night when he eats hardly at all). He is a pretty fast nurser - usually done in about 10 minutes, which is nice. He takes one bottle a week on Friday morning when I am at work. He seems to like it fine and it's nice to be able to have a little bit of flexibility in the future if we need it. Not really interest in a pacified though. He seems to be gaining weight really well and has quite a lot of fat rolls.
Noah started smiling right around 6 weeks and he smiles a lot. He is very talkative and loves to stand or sit on your lap and talk to you. He will talk to for a really long time before he gets bored. I don't remember the other boys having quite so many conversations. He mostly just is cooing, though. He has started to laugh a little bit, too, which is cute. Katsu is always trying to get him to laugh.
Noah is no big fan of tummy time. We do it a little bit, but honestly not as much as we should. I do lay him on his belly when I am carrying him or one my lap and he likes that. If he is fussy, it will put him to sleep.
Noah mostly likes to be held or to sit up and look at what's going on around him. He likes to stand up a lot when he is on my lap and is pretty strong at holding his body up. He has very good head control most of the time. We just borrowed an activity mat and a swing from a friend. He figured out how to kick the toy pretty quickly and enjoys doing that. He likes to look at the mobile on the swing - I am not sure yet how much he actually likes the swinging part.
Noah loves to look at ceiling fans and lights. Loves them. That and the family are his true loves.
Noah had his baby blessing on September 7. None of our extended family could come, but we invited some neighbors and one of them came. It was a busy blessing day, with three babies being blessed. One was so fussy they couldn't finish and had to do it later. Noah wore the same outfit that Logan and Andrew wore and it just barely fit. I couldn't do the snap in the back because it was too tight and Noah was not fond of that at all. Katsu had to come down and get Noah (he was conducting the meeting that day since he's in the bishopric). In the circle was the rest of the bishopric and our friend Jorge Arrigada. Katsu blessed him to be loving, compassionate, service-oriented and respectful. He blessed him to seek understand. He blessed him to go on a mission and have a future family. He also blessed him with a love of his ancestors and a real interest in family history work. It was a beautiful blessing. The stake president's wife really liked how Katsu committed us as his parents to love and care for him.
We didn't want the day to feel too anti-climatic, so we had a small party after church with some friends from church (and also neighbors, but none of them were able to come). We just had sandwiches and chips and dessert and fruit. It was nice and low key and a great way to celebrate baby Noah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks so much for the updates. Can't wait to see pictures.
Love you all, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment