Sunday, March 05, 2017

Week of Feb. 26th

Monday - Katsu was out of town in Utah and the kids had the day off of school for a teacher workday, so we all got ready and I took them over to our neighbor's so she could watch them while I taught.  I skipped office hours and came straight home and our other neighbor dropped off her 3 daughters for the rest of the morning, so it was craziness at our house with 7 kids running around, thankfully with lovely weather.  The boys kept causing all kinds of trouble, especially Andrew who is always upset if I invite anyone over.  But they all survived without too much catastrophe and just popcorn strewn all over the yard.  We had a chill afternoon - I don't even remember what we did.  I think I put up some Easter decorations since it's Lent this week.  The boys "helped" me make an easter egg garland and then hid easter eggs all over the house.  I am already tired of all the plastic eggs.  We had hot dogs for dinner and then Seth said he wanted to do a family home evening lesson and did a nice one from the friend about being a peacemaker.  It was great and I was proud of him.

Tuesday - Everyone but Noah went to school.  Noah and I went to the library and then to story time - it was on shapes and the puppet lady was there so it was even more fun than usual.  Afterwards, we went to the grocery store to pick up a couple boxes of brownie mix and spent the late afternoon making a couple batches of brownies for a funeral for a member on Wed.  We had to pick up Andrew and Seth up early from school to go take all 4 boys to the dentist.  Noah was scared, but he did better than last time.  He didn't cry while the dentist looked at his teeth and scraped them, but he cried with the hygenist, but it didn't take too long and he got through it.  The dentist drew a spider web on his balloon so it looked like a spider man balloon.  Andrew and Seth just went off on their own - they weren't too concerned that Seth hasn't lost any teeth yet and they fixed 3 of Andrew's sealants.  Seth is getting some molars in.  Poor Logan - they asked about his gagging and I said it was much better, but that it would probably be trouble with xrays.  He did great with his exam, and then they put some numbing stuff on to help with xrays.  But, it didn't go well - I don't think they sent the best person in and she was struggling to get an xray and then Logan threw up all over himself.  They cleaned everything up, sent someone else in, and got the xrays right away.  Logan got a new shirt out of it and was a pretty good sport, but I felt pretty bad for him.  I got the little boys to bed early and then we had a presidency meeting at the house at 7.  Seth and Andrew took forever to go to bed, but at least Logan and Noah were asleep.  Logan had a bit of a croupy cough during the night but he never woke me up and never seemed to get too sick.

Wednesday - We got everyone up early again.  We dropped Andrew and Seth off at school and then took Noah and Logan to a friends and then she dropped them off at preschool.  After class, I had office hours for about an hour and then went and picked Katsu up from the airport from his redeye from Utah.  We went and picked some donuts at Krispy Kreme and then picked up Logan and Noah from preschool - they were excited to see Dad!  He stayed at home in the afternoon and we just had a nice day and afternoon.

Thursday - Noah woke up with a fever and sure enough it ranged from 101-103 during the day, so we just stayed home in the morning and Katsu was able to take Logan to preschool.  I had a meeting at the elementary school with the speech teacher at 11, so I had someone else bring Logan home from preschool.  Noah fell asleep watching Baby Genius while I was doing some dishes, so I decided to put him bundled up in the stroller and walk to the school and see if he would stay asleep.  He slept through the whole meeting, all the way home, and for another hour after.  Poor kid.  He would just say that he felt sick, but besides the fever, he didn't have other symptoms.  Since yesterday, he has had a runny nose, but his fever is gone.  So, we ended up spending too much time watching Netflix, but it could have been worse.  I made up some cookies and had book club in the evening - and people actually came!  It was a nice evening.

Friday - Noah slept with us the whole night because he wasn't doing too well and then Seth woke me up about 3 in the morning with a croup cough and very sick and unhappy with a high fever.  After laying in the bathroom with steam and getting him to stop coughing/throwing up enough to take some ibuprofen, he fell asleep on the floor.  Just as I fell asleep, Seth woke me up because he was uncomfortable, so we moved him to the couch and just as I fell asleep, Seth woke me up again and I finally sent him to watch a movie just for Logan to wake me up as I just fell asleep to tell me Seth was awake and needed me.  So, it was morning and time to go to work.  Katsu stayed home with the sick boys and Logan and Andrew went to school.  I was only half coherent at work, but at least it is ECU's spring break next week.  Another rough afternoon that I basically slept walk through, but we had pizza and watched Honey I shrunk the Kids, which we all enjoyed.  I was so tired, I went to sleep before 9.

Saturday - We did cleaning - I was trying to get some spring cleaning done so I won't have so much work to do tomorrow.  Seth was super sad he had to miss soccer practice but he still looked awful, had a little fever, and was coughing his head off.  Logan had his first soccer practice and got to go out to eat with Katsu, buy some new cleats, and go to the grocery store.  Otherwise, just a home weekend.

Sunday - I took Andrew and Logan to church while the rest of them stayed home.  Primary was all craziness.  The boys played games today and played together.  we finished with a game of Life while Noah and I played many games of Zingo.  Hopefully, people will be ready to go to school tomorrow.

Looks like Logan got on the phone and took pictures of us on the way home from running club.


No comments: