Well, I guess I forgot to post last week, though I'm not sure why since we were all home from church.
Monday - Katsu was out of town in Michigan. Otherwise, it was a pretty normal day I think - work, preschool, running club. Getting all 4 boys ready to go and in the car by 7:10 wears me out like nothing else, but we managed. Logan taught a FHE lesson.
Tuesday - a super busy day. Got the older boys off to school and then took Logan and Noah over to a friend's house so I could speak for Career week at Seth's class. I told them all about engineering for about 20 minutes and they seemed to enjoy it - they had tons of questions. I picked up the little boys. We dropped Logan off and then Noah and I went to the library quickly and then went to a St. Patrick's Day party at the church. Noah was a little shy because most of the kids were from the other ward. He liked the making a four leaf clover treat out of pretzels, Rolos, and M&Ms and didn't mind stringing fruit loops to make a necklace, and loved the treasure hunt and the story time. He also had fun throwing coins into a pot. Then, he was ready to eat and do the gift exchange. He got a little truck which he was happy about. Then, off to pick Logan up from preschool. We had a quick lunch and then we took Logan to the elementary school to register for Kindergarten. Logan was kind of shy and didn't want to talk much and he was disappointed they weren't doing tours right then. And, I, of course, forgot my phone at home so I didn't have any of the phone numbers for the forms, but I didn't worry too much since I know we'll end up filling in all the forms over again at the beginning of the week. Logan is pretty excited about starting kindergarten in the fall. We had a quick dinner before going off to Logan's soccer practice, dropped Andrew off at cub scouts, and home in time to try to get the kids to sleep (ha!) before my primary presidency meeting. I think Logan was asleep and that's it. Noah has been obsessed with Little Mermaid so I set him up to watch it in the playroom while we met. Of course, I figured he was asleep because the meeting didn't end until almost 10, but no, he was happily watching movies (stupid dang naps make it impossible to put him to sleep), so he didn't get to sleep until 10:20. I was almost still awake when Katsu got back in from Michigan.
Wednesday - a normal day more or less. Andrew was feeling under the weather, but I had to go to work and office hours, so he came with me to work, which I hate, but better than skipping. Andrew loved it and felt all special getting one-on-one time with me. But then he was wild and causing trouble all afternoon at which point I said unless he was throwing up or running a fever he was forbidden from staying home "sick". Once all the kids were asleep, Noah woke up throwing up. And it was a few hours of vomiting, again and again as soon as we would get him cleaned up. I ended up sleeping with him on the floor of the living room, I think. What an exhausting night. We thought it might be food poisoning from a pizza I had gotten from Walmart on Tuesday, but hard to say.
Thursday - Andrew had battle of the books. I had this grand plan to get to most of the event and watch it but I couldn't get any babysitter with a sick kid, So, Logan stayed home - I didn't want to chance a sick kid. Seth wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home - I was worried he would be throwing up and didn't want to chance it. Andrew went to the competition. I was pretty upset that I had to miss it, so Katsu was going to come home after lunch so I could go over there. But they called me at like 11:30 saying that the kids didn't make it to the afternoon and I needed to come get him. So, I had to get all the kids in the car because everyone was home and go across town (and get a little lost before I figured out where I was going) to go pick him up. I felt pretty bad that they didn't do well, I missed the whole thing, and everyone had to wait for me to come pick him up since all the other parents were there. It really sucks not having anyone around to help watch the kids for things like this. Anyways, it sounded like Andrew himself did okay, but he was only in a couple of rounds. But he was more interested in the historical nature of how badly the team did - worse ever. I think they were like 6th, so middle of the pack, but they usually win or come in second. But apparently, Andrew wasn't too horribly upset about it because he came home with the new list for next year for Battle of the Books and has already started reading all the books and going to practice for next year. The rest of the day was everyone being crazy and driving me up the wall. Noah, thankfully, seemed completely fine the whole day and took a little nap in the car.
Friday - Everyone went to school (yay!) and it was a pretty normal day. We tried to get a babysitter, but it didn't work out (for the best, I guess). Logan got to pick the movie night movie and we got Moana from Redbox and we all really enjoyed it. Got the kids to bed, I was exahusted from not sleeping well the previous couple nights and basically passed out. Turns out, it was Logan and Seth's turn to be sick. Katsu was up with Logan and Seth throwing up off and on half the night. We did a ton of laundry this week and tons of cleaning the carpet! Can't comment much, since Katsu took care of it, but it was not a good night.
Saturday - We had to skip soccer games, so it was a home day. Seth was pretty upset about missing games, but what can you do. It was supposed to be the first week of games. Seth and Logan had something different or worse than Noah because they were sick all day - running fevers, throwing up, etc. I ran to the grocery store (finally got to newly remodeled Aldi which had opened on Thursday - hallelujah, we can eat again). We also got the Trolls movie from Netflix which seemed awful to me, but the kids liked it. What a long week! Seth had to miss a birthday party which he was really upset about to. Katsu and I were supposed to go on a date but had to cancel it, so we got take-out instead and tried out some partner workout and yoga was fun. And we did a lot of laundry.
Sunday - We all stayed home from church. We still had not been throw up free / fever free for a day and I figured the rest of us were ticking time bombs for sickness. Katsu was sick all day and so it was me and the kids. I was about to lose my mind by this point with sick kids home off and on all week and Katsu out of town off and on. And too much screens! Ahh!!!
Monday - everyone was at work and school and no one was sick or out of town. Hallelujah! Andrew had running club, Noah didn't take a nap and went to bed early, but otherwise, normal day.
Tuesday - Logan went to preschool, but got a ride home from a friend because I had a speech meeting with the speech teacher and Seth's classroom teacher. Only they couldn't find the classroom teacher anywhere. She finally got to the meeting like 20 or more minutes late! The process is so long to actually get Seth into speech - it basically takes a whole semester. Oh, well. At least it's just speech and not something more urgent. Logan had soccer practice so me and the kids all made it over there. It was kind of stormy so the practice got over early. We got the 13 story treehouse to listen to on tape and the kids crack up the whole time, so it makes us all a lot less grumpy going to soccer. Then, we went to the pack meeting for Andrew. I was just going to have Katsu and Andrew go but we all ended up staying and listening to a sister in our ward talk about the military. Noah was having a hard time being quiet, but sure liked the cupcake at the end. We got home and it was like 8:30. I had a lot of grading to do and was giving a test in the morning and I just wanted everyone to bed. But guess who shows up at 8:45? The sister missionaries! I was kind of annoyed as we were all in pajamas, but of course, Andrew and Logan wanted to stay up to talk to them. I ended up getting most (but not all of my homework graded).
Wednesday - normal day nothing exciting.
Thursday - another busy day. Andrew had a field trip to Chapel Hill to see the planetarium we saw in the summer, so we were busy getting him ready. Logan went to preschool and Noah and I went shopping at Target and then went to story time at the library where he learned about seeds and planted a little pot of seeds, which I am pretty sure is still in the car and spilling dirt everywhere. Seth got home from school (he usually is playing at his friend's house after school everyday but the last couple days they were playing here). I chased everyone off at 4:45 so we could drive over to the school and wait for Andrew to get back from his field trip and then it was off to Seth's soccer practice. It was kind of a mess with 2 teams (Seth's and then one that was Logan's age) playing a scrimmage with 15 kids on the field at once. The other boys were all being wild and driving me insane. We got home and the kids ate some pasta and we got some of them to bed and then I had my book club. 3 people came and everyone had read the book, so it was a fun evening.
Friday - busy day. We watched the kids we carpool with in the afternoon and then we had tons of people over and in and out all afternoon - fun for the kids and nice, but hard for me to get anything done. Seth went over to a friend's house for a birthday party, we had pizza, and then put Noah straight to bed since he had no nap. We had a babysitter and Katsu and I went to the Russian Ballet. It was very enjoyable - they did different dances from many 10 different ballets and it was really interesting seeing the wide variety of dances. I slept really poorly this week (Noah wakes up every night and half the time it is to throw a huge fit), so I liked the energetic pieces the best because after the intermission I was very tired.
Saturday - it poured rain on Friday so soccer was cancelled (I feel like this is the season where we are missing all the games!). I ran to the grocery store in the morning and then Andrew and Katsu went to his 5k. Well, it was really more like a 6k mud run with 16 obstacles and 3 water stops. They ran together in teams with teams starting every 5 minutes. In addition to all the rain, they added a whole bunch more water to make it a huge mud pit. They ran in the mud, had to do log carries, climb big things that were really high with bars and things - kind of like monkey bars (Andrew's description). They had to "swim" in the mud in one part - a big pond. They had to climb over very high logs. I was worried that Andrew got lost because Katsu still didn't see him after an hour and a half, but he finished it in 1 hour and 40 minutes. Even the fastest adults took at least 40 minutes. He was quite muddy, but had a lot of fun. We attempted to watch General Conference while they were gone, but the boys ended up playing outside, except Noah who threw a fit about wanting to watch star wars until he passed out and fell asleep, only to wake up 2 hours later, still throwing the fit for another hour about wanting to watch Star Wars. Silly boy. I think he throws fits as bad as Andrew did. Katsu and I watched the afternoon session while the boys played and were generally crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment