Sunday, May 01, 2005

Graduation

Yesterday was my graduation. It was a long busy day for all of us. We had to get there before 8:00 to line up at the Fleet Center - the huge stadium where the Boston Celtics and the Bruins play their basketball and hockey games. I was picked to be a class marshal because I had the highest GPA in my class. So, I had to carry the flag. It was actually kind of fun and I was one of the very first people to get my diploma. They did the speed-version of giving out diplomas. They had four lines - a set of people gave you your diploma, you walked up the stage and took a picture with your dean, and then you walk back down the stairs. And each of the lines is doing the same thing - so it is totally crazy. They don't say anyone's name and you share your .5 seconds of fame with 3 other people, at least. But it was fun. The music had a lot of energy - wasn't the old normal graduation music. And they said my name when I put the flag in the front of the auditorium. Fun day.

No comments: