Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!!!!!

We are busy getting ready to move and such. We have packed up quite a bit and have gotten most of the things we need for our trip to Europe. I am getting so excited!!!! It will be nice to move ... we only have 3 more Sundays at church - only 3 more weeks of Primary, yeah!!!

Katsu is graduating in just a couple weeks now. His brother, Kiyo, will be here from London, which we are very excited about. Katsu has to close the building he is a resident assistant for on Monday, so I will be in charge of entertaining Kiyo. I don't know what we'll do yet. Hopefully it will be good weather and I can take him around the Freedom Trail. Honestly, I am tempted to drive down to Newport and get one more day out of our year's pass to the mansions ... hmmm ... I miss the mansions down there.

Our friend Crystal came and visited us today. It was nice to see an old friend. At first, it was a bit unfamiliar as it has been a long time since we've spent time together. But after awhile, it was just like old times, esp. after Katsu's laughing attack.

I am trying to write up a paper to hopefully publish in the ASEE (American Society of Engineering Education) about the physics program that I helped with this semester, trying to increase the retention and grades of freshman women engineering students. I hope I can finish it - all the administrators seem somewhat doubtful, but it is at least something to keep me busy. I can't believe I only have 4 tutoring sessions left! I am almost done! Hopefully, I can pick up some more business in Michigan.

Check out my tutoring webpage:

www.geocities.com/amandafunai

Well, that's about all for our life lately! Happy Mom's Day

No comments: