Wow ... I can only say that it has been a long time since I've written. Or Katsu. Ever since spring break and our fabulous trip to London, life has gotten messy. My group project for Image Processing had ... interesting group dynamics - suffice it to say that I did not get along with someone in my group. And the whole class crammed at least 75% of the work into the second half of the semester. Simultaneously, my estimation and detection class started a mad rush to get everything covered ending with a 48 hour take home exam. Icck. And my Medical Imaging lab suddenly had each weekly lab from 5:30pm - 10:30 pm at night at the hospital, making me grumpy for the rest of the week. And I have my qualifying exams (for the PhD) looming upon me next week. No biggie - if you fail, forget getting a PhD. And the funny thing is, I don't care so much about failing - i would be fine with just a Masters, but the idea of making a bad showing and embarrasing myself in these three oral exams terrifies me.
So, that's my life. And Katsu's has been busy. His experiments haven't been going so well at work and he switched over to some different ones. But honestly, I don't see how he does it. He puts all this time into the experiments, does them seemingly the same each time, and then half the time, for some unknown reason, they don't work. Ahh ... science.
So, the summer has begun - in terms of work load. No more classes. I just have my quals and then we will both be working our research jobs this summer. Hopefully it should be relaxing - no homework, just come home and play with our cat and sit on the porch and walk around the town and go to Farmer's market and try out some new meals. Should be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good to hear from you again! I had been wondering how things were going. Sorry to see that things have been so crazy. I hope that qual exams go well.
We were so glad to here from you again. Wondering how you were doing but knowing how busy and tied up you both must be. Thanks for taking the time to post. Hope to see you sometime soon. Just think your little sister is going to be graduating from High School. We remember her still climbing up Grandpa's legs and letting him tease her. Now she doesn't like it.:) We love you . Take care.
Post a Comment