We have some friends who could theoretically live anywhere in the country. As a nurse, he could find a good job in most any city he desired. Of course, that makes for a lot of choices ... and the more choices, the poorer decision you make and the more difficult it is to make that decision.
So, here is a list of states we would like to live in, would not like to live in, and neutral/unsure. Of course, I have no idea how much choice we'll really have in the matter ... so, we'll see.
Good list - Colorado, Conneticut, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington
Bad list - Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennesee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
? list - Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
Major concerns - I don't want to live anywhere completely desolate (North Dakota or Wyoming, for example). I would prefer not to live somewhere really hot (though Katsu loves Disney World, so I put Florida on the list). I don't want to live somewhere ridiculously expensive (like California ), I would also prefer to live somewhere with 4 seasons which is why I just can't put Texas on the yes list even though I want to live close to family.
Of course, just watch - we'll live in everyone state on the "bad" list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The first year that Justin went out on the market, he thought he should do the right academic thing and apply everywhere. Well, guess where he was flown in? Morris MN and Jamestown ND (where he was offered the job).
Consequently, the next year, we took a map and drew a demarcation point as to where we would live. It ended up being any state touching an ocean or major body of water (ie... Great Lakes region) although we weren't hot on the idea of the Great Lakes region. We only included it because it is relatively clost to Justin's home and we thought we should be at least somewhat flexabile. And where did we end up? Detroit and now Columbus. Hmmmm.
We both claim we don't like living in the rust belt, but we sure seem drawn to a lot of the issues in the rust belt.
It will be interesting to see where the next few years take us.
And you forgot to mention where your nurse friend lives.
Hmmmmmmmmm very interesting. Hope you end up in a spot you love. Do you think you will always live in the United States? Would Katsu want to live in Japan or European country? I hope we get to see you once in awhile. We love you. I still am trying to answer your letter. We loved it and thanks.
Enjoyed a lot!
toyota innova song Pioneer in car entertainment gps I line precision reading eyewear inc Home made business card Plastic business card sleeves 50th wedding anniversary party invitations Cashing in your 401k State+farm+insurance+company+pip+limits+in+texas mesotherapy indianapolis business card templates download Search.php q diazepam wedding and bridesmaids dresses Advanced plastic surgery and laser center business rewards credit cards
Post a Comment