Monday, October 15, 2007

Memory Monday - Summer 2005





Taking a cue from my friend Sarah who does a Flashback Friday every week, I decided to try a Memory Monday so I can share some of our favorite memories (and pictures). Right now, it will probably be mostly from the last four years until I can find scanned or digital pictures from longer ago.

So, I am going to go back in time two years, the summer 2005 before we moved here to Michigan. As a graduation present to ourselves, we took a three week vacation to Europe and started in Paris. These pictures are from the first day in Paris, where we started our trip and are of Notre Dame.

Paris is expensive and we spent quite awhile trying to find a good hotel in a decent price range. Luckily for us, while searching vacation rentals, we found an apartment in Paris that was all rented out except during the days we were going to be there, so we got a great discount. The apartment was great. We went to a local grocery store and bought food to make dinner and breakfast most days. For lunch, we ate baguettes sandwiches - mostly cheese and a bit of meat - plus some fruit.

And the best part of our apartment was that is was a five minute walk from Notre Dame. We walked by the church every day we were in Paris and I always got excited seeing it. It is so beautiful!!! Sometimes, I get real envy for these beautiful cathedrals after being in our boring meetinghouses. Churches are definitely one of my favorite things to see when I am site seeing.

1 comment:

-Laura- said...

What a fun trip! Someday I will make it to Paris. :) I love cathedrals too, the inside AND outside!