Monday, October 22, 2007

Over the rainbow

Today, I (Katsu) woke up and my back hurts. Right now, I am at work, and I am having hard time loading gels because my back hurts. Motivated by pain, I decided to research the cause of this ailment.

First, I thought of how hard my intramural soccer has been this semester. Yes, we don't have a team for the first time since I have arrived to Ann Arbor. We just didn't have enough people in our ward civil enough to be wanting to be associated with this magnificient sport. This had caused much pain, but I cannot remember hurting my back from it, so it must be from something else.

Second, I thought of how Chelsea's head coach Jose Mourinho has been let go, not much after my favorite player in Chelsea Arjen Robben left the club. This had caused much pain, but I think the pain was in my heart, and not back, so it must be from something else.

Third, I thought of how England national team has almost assuredly been disqualified from EURO 2008, this pained my back, because I was laughing so hard. Though I think I recovered from that few minutes after the news, so it must be from something else.

Alas, this cannot be! It must be that new soccer player in our household! The gigantus Andrew I. Funai's growth rate has been extraordinary. His uncle Kiyo bought him Chelsea jerseys couple of weeks back, and although the jersey is for 12-24mos old, he is going to be wearing it for the Halloween party this weekend. Yes, it must be his gigantis weight that has caused my my back pain. So I looked up what is called "Baby growth chart" shown above, and lo and behold his weight (shown in red star) was over the rainbow! I don't even know what that means! He will be a great sweeper, but I wanted him to be a winger. Maybe he can be like Ruud Gullit, the great gigantic Chelsea striker from 95-98.

No comments: