I LOVED this castle when I was a kid, so we had to go. We were worried we wouldn't make it in time. A five hour car drive always turns a little longer with a one-year old. Plus, we were having some issues trying to get money (the first place we stopped at wouldn't take VISA at all! How annoying! Especially because in Japan they won't take Mastercard. How many ATM cards do we need?). But, we finally got there.
The castle is pretty cool and the views from the top are fun. Andrew was even patient while we listened to our audio guides. I was nervous having Katsu carry Andrew up winding stairs up the tower to see the view, but we all survived. There was a wedding going on, so the wedding party was all over and the bride was doing all these photo shoots, while we are walking by with our audio guide and screaming toddler. I didn't know who to feel more sorry for ... just kidding. We had lots of fun, even when we lost our parking ticket and had to pay the max rate. Oh, well.
No comments:
Post a Comment