Saturday, September 27, 2008

This week






Last week Andrew was really sick with roseola all week. He had a high fever must of the week and was just very lethargic and wanted to be held all the time. So, nothing much got done last week. But now, he's all better, so we felt like doing some fun things.

Andrew helped me make cheese. This was our second time making mozzarella and the curds turned out much better AND I remembered to put in the cheese salt. Yeah. We'll make pizza with it today. Andrew loves to help me cook and wants to see every single step.

We also went raspberry picking on Thursday. Andrew was a pro at picking them, but they all went into his mouth instead of our bucket. He was more interested in being social. Whenever he saw anyone in the field, he would go over and say hi and stand next them and just jabber away and also try to take their raspberries! After we picked about 2 qts he got bored and kept wandering to the dirt road so he could watch trucks go by. Needless to say, it was time to go home. But we ate some, froze some, and I'm packing a beautiful raspberry buckle as we speak (we are totally hooked on blueberry buckles this month - so easy, so yummy).

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow, you make cheese! I am so impressed, you are such a multi-talented woman.

Richard Crookston said...

I'm glad Andrew is feeling better. So it was roseola (not 6th disease)? The cheese looks yummy. I want your recipe for blueberry/raspberry buckle.