This time soup was the downfall. See, they finally are starting to have soup sales and soup coupons. Yeah! And Andrew loves soup. He found some sale on Progresso, so we bought him some yummy chicken soup. This morning, he just had to have a bowl for breakfast (it's one of his favorite foods, up there with rice). I opened up the pop up lid ... and it practically flew off, taking some of my little finger with it.
There was quite a bit of blood and quite a bit of pain, but really - how bad can that be? And I had a tetanus shot shortly after Andrew was born, so I'm up to date. I figured only a slight modification of plans was necessary. Instead of walking the mile and a half to the firestation, we drove instead.
So, Andrew had a delightful tour of the firestation. I forgot my camera, but hopefully my friend will send us pics soon. My hand still hurt quite a bit, especially after I hit it on the car door. But that's fine. A little playing at the park and it's off to belated birthday lunch for me (a treat from one of my good friends here ... aren't they great!).
Lunch at Palm Palace was delicious! I got my favorite stuffed grape leaves - SO delicious. Service was horrible. Our meals came at different times, half the order was incorrect, the waiter forget everything, they billed us wrong, and the meal took like 1.5 hours with 5 little kids having to wait the whole time! Yikes! And my hand still hurt ...
So, my friend took a look at it in the parking lot, at which point it started bleeding quite a bit. Like dripping down onto the parking lot. We determined that yes it probably did need stitches. Meanwhile, a van pulled over and asked if they could interview one of us (for TV I think) about what we think about Michigan Stadium no longer allowing diaper bags. My friend obliged, we roughly bandaged my finger, called Katsu, and were off.
We figured we would stop at the ER. Bad idea - it was PACKED. We waited an hour while I was worried the whole time the boys would catch something horrible. After anticipating at least a 2 hour more wait just to go through Triage, we left. We went to the University Health Service - usually a horrible wait. Today - totally awesome! They took us back without even getting our folder first. And my hand was cleaned up, stitched, and bandaged, all before the 30 minutes on our parking meter had expired. So, all in all - my first set of stitches (I don't count L&D ones) wasn't too bad at all.
Instead of pictures of my finger (which would be boring), enjoy ones of something even better than soup injuries - APPLE PICKING.
1 comment:
Poor Amanda. I can't believe you went all over town with a hurting, bleeding finger. You obviously have a high pain threshold. Hope it heals quickly. Love, Mom
Post a Comment