We loved spending Halloween at the Toledo Zoo last year, so we went again for the Pumpkin Path - a trick or treating trail that takes you all through the Zoo. We brought along our friends. Andrew's best buddy is Jonas though it is definitely a love and hate relationship, but we were glad that they could come with us. They were real troopers, because it was not the best weather. It was cold and raining off and on. Probably, like in the 40s? We had to buy gloves at the gift shop because it was so cold. Luckily, our boys Halloween outfits are warm (Seriously, I don't know what Michigan parents are thinking who don't get fleece or other seriously warm costumes!).
We slowly slowly slowly trick or treated at 20 different stations throughout the zoo. We saw a magic show along the way, got pictures taken at the HP photo center, posed for many pictures on our camera, played on inflatables, and of course, saw animals! We also spent quite a bit of time at the new Children's center at the zoo, which was fun. Fisher Price had a section set up with cars for the kids to drive. Andrew was at the wheel, but I think he was a little shell-shocked, because he would not pay attention to me at all. I kept telling him to put his foot on the pedal to make the car go, but he did not listen. He did get it a little bit at the end, but I think we should wait awhile before teaching him to drive. Meanwhile, Jonas was mostly concerned that the car's radio was not working!
We got tons of candy (and we got even more candy today at a coworker's kid's birthday party from a pinata) - I have no idea what we will do with it all, though I am stashing some away from the Christmas stockings. Shoot me now, but I am all done with the kids' Christmas shopping! Yeah!
Okay, back to Halloween ... so, the zoo was great. And we stopped at my favorite restaurant on the way home (Abuelos) after only getting a "little" lost. It was an adventure with the boys - Andrew took many time outs at the restaurant, but we had so much fun.
We'll miss our friends when we move!
1 comment:
The boys are so cute. I just want to eat them up!! When are you coming to allen again? Christmas?
Post a Comment