So, this week ... or month ... or last two months has really been an exercise in frustration. December and January have been full of illnesses. Croup and the flu for the boys in December. And then we all caught colds in Japan. Mine morphed into a sinus infection which I still have. Andrew threw up earlier this week EVERYWHERE for some reason. Then, Katsu had the stomach flu yesterday. And today, the boys have runny noses, Katsu still feels run down, and by dinner, Andrew had a fever, was complaining of a sore throat, and is threatening to throw up more. Sigh ... Sometimes I wonder if we will remember this winter as the "sick" one. And, oh, by the way, also the one where Katsu got his PhD, we visited Japan, and we moved.
With all the sicknesses plus jet lag ( I think Seth is finally over it as of today ), packing has not been very fun. But we have almost everything all boxed up and have started cleaning some (why our apartment does not have self-cleaning ovens, I do not know). Katsu gets the truck tomorrow. I am SO ready to move and just be done with it. The last two months have been a yucky process of packing, eating out of the pantry, and then eating up everything before going on a trip, eating weird food ona trip, and then having two weeks of trying to eat "whatever" since we are packing and don't want to buy lots of food. I can't wait to have menu plans and cook and eat normally.
If that isn't enough, I feel like we have a lot else on our minds. Like me getting my paper ready to submit for the conference again and get some research done so I can finally graduate and be done with this PhD and research. And researching a new car, since we'll need to get one ASAP after moving, since there is no way on earth our car will pass inspection. Which means, we'll need to get a bigger car, but in deciding bigger, you have to predict the future - like, how many kids we'll have. As if I know. And other things, like trying to plan a trip to the Netherlands in what I know realize is sort of high season in April because of the tulips. That, or wean Seth.
Busy and sick. That's us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow sounds like a miserable way to spend a month or two. I hope things get better for you. Good luck in your new place. I only with we had not moved just before you moved 3 hours away from us!!!
Sorry Amanda. :( Hope your move goes by quickly and smoothly and that you all get well SOON! Maybe you should go eat some chocolate or something. :)
Post a Comment