I am so exasperated with the boys lately. I can not believe how much they get into and how many messes they make. I think they just how busy/tired I am these last few weeks (trying to finish up this stupid PhD) and are pulling out all the stops.
Yesterday, while I was cooking dinner, I heard what I thought was Seth playing with Mardi gras beads, throwing them against something and hearing the clinking sound. Um … no. That sound I heard was instead Seth getting into the cat food tupperware (holding pounds and pounds of cat food). He was getting handfuls and throwing them – EVERYWHERE. The floor of the closet were we keep it was so covered in food I couldn’t see the carpet. But not just there – in the dining room, the kitchen, the living room (okay, these are rooms in a relative sense in our apartment but you get the picture). On the couch, on the window sill. In the couch. I think I finally finished vacumming it up this afternoon.
Then, I decided I needed to marinate the tofu for dinner. This takes all of 5 minutes, tops. As I go to put the couch cushions back in the couch after the boys have built some sort of sliding playground, and I see crumbs. And pieces of bread. Oh, yes – the boys had taken the entire half loaf of bread left and stuff bits in there mouth and then littered the rest all over the floor.
Besides the usual messes of taking all the movies out of the rack, constantly taking my muffin tins and baking sheets all over the house, playing with my makeup, the list never ends.
On Sunday, the boys were playing in their bedroom … a little too quietly. Andrew had been in time out for trying to choke Seth with a bath robe tie. Katsu had told him to “think about how Seth could have died” – pretty typical for Katsu and his parenting (ha ha ha). Seth must have joined him in time-out. We peek in and they found my cross-stitch box and had started to undo all the skeins. Sigh … The best part – we asked Andrew what they were doing (before we saw the wreckage) and he said, “Thinking about when Seth is going to die”. At least he was listening …
2 comments:
At least I got a good laugh. I know that's no consolation, quite the opposite, I'm sure. I feel for you! Give it a few years (maybe 20) and you will be laughing too.
Oh Amanda, our sweet granddaughter, reading this post made me smile too, but also remember how it was. We are so proud of you and Katsu and what good parents you are. We delight in your accomplishments and marvel at all you do. It is no little thing to raise two active little boys and continue to pursue your education. You will be so glad you have kept a record of these years and will look back on them as some of the happiest. We love you and hope to see you sometime soon. It would be great if you could come to the Clark Reunion in July. We would like to "show off" your little boys. What characters they are. I think you may be raising a general authority in Andrew. Who knows????
Post a Comment