Andrew had his birthday on Tuesday. A little hard to believe he’s already four, but then again, it does seem like it’s been a long time since he was born.
We made cookies for his birthday to bring to his class. He had fun and got to wear a crown all day – he still is wearing it at home. So, we used a cookie and stuck candles in it to blow out candles at home. We’ll have (cup)cakes for his friend party on Saturday. He loved all his presents – he got a Scribble and Write (really hoping to work on his writing skills) and Cooties from us, some window crayons and glitter glue from Seth, a book from our neighbor Martha, and a book and some Nephite action figures and a book from his great grandparents. He told me he still needed 2 or 3 more presents (a change of tune from getting “too many” presents at Christmas). It was a fun birthday, especially because Dad come home early so we had plenty of time for presents. And for Dad to make his favorite dinner – fried rice.
Andrew has got his asthma back from allergies. Pollen is SO bad this year in St. Louis, so we took him to a doctor a week ago and now he is on 4 medications, 2 for asthma and 2 for allergies. He’s a good sport about taking them, but the asthma ones make him SO aggressive. It drives me nuts. Whenever he gets upset, he starts throwing things or pushing chairs to the ground. Which he does regularly, but not so easily and not so often. We’ll have to do a follow-up with the doctor for his well-check next week and see how long he needs to be on these medicines. At least he is breathing, I guess. I always wait too long to take him in. And when you call the nurses and say “Well, he isn’t breathing well”, you always have to go in. But by the time I took him to the doctor he started throwing up, so it’s probably for the best I took him in.
Andrew is really in to the same things – pretend play and music. He loves to built forts out of the futons – yesterday, he took a sword felt piece and put it on top of the fort to show that adults are not allowed. He also loves to sing and dance and make up his own music. If the boys had their way about it, they would have the keyboard on 24/7. And run around with the harmonica and the tamborine. Our poor neighbors. And jumping off the bed and the couch. Everything is their “playground” as they call it. Sigh … boys are SO busy. It’s hard in a 900 sq ft apartment.
Andrew is also always touching and wrestling Seth. Seth is more like me – not huge on being touched, so he is not too much of a fan, but puts up with it some of the time. Andrew is also always antagonizing Seth. It drives me nuts! He is always doing whatever he can to get Seth’s goat. Or mine. He does try to be helpful, but even that …. he likes to “wash” the windows, by getting clothes soaking wet and then cleaning the windows. He also thinks we need to brush the walls and the pictures with a broom. That is about the extent of his “helpfulness”. Well, besides doing his regular chore of unloading the utensils from the dishwasher.
Andrew loves preschool and will be sad for it to end. I am going to have to do something to make sure he gest more active and social interaction time this summer. Like get my butt over to the park more often – I have just been so lazy this summer. Too bad there are like 0 kids in this neighborhood. I really feel like this move to St. Louis has just been overall very bad for Andrew. Oh, well. We did sign him up for Vacation Bible School, so at least that is one week of fun with friends.
Andrew is really fun. Loves to laugh. Is really a fun, creative boy. And very active.
Fun things this month:
- Another Piggie and Elephant play at the library. The kids love it!
- Easter!!! Egg hunts (several) and our traditions at home.
- Trip to Ann Arbor and having way too much fun with Jonas and even camping out together in the basement in a tent!
- Riding the train to Chicago.
- Shedd Aquarium. Andrew loved dressing up a penguin and seeing all the aquatic animals.
- Hiking up the Indiana sand dunes.
- Lincoln museum. Andrew loved dressing up as Mary Todd Lincoln. Gotta have your bling!
- Mother’s Day breakfast at Andrew’s school. Andrew was so excited about it and told everyone about it all week. He drew a picture of me and wrote “My Mom is funny”. I have to be about the least funny person I know. He also wrote I was 7 years old and that I was funny when I found things that I lost (maybe I just lose lots of things?).
- Transportation day in the neighboring town. Andrew loved seeing all the trucks and even doing the police car siren.
- Andrew’s birthday!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment