Okay, this is four days late, but with my birthday this week, the time just kind of slid by and I have been so lazy lately, too.
Seth’s tantrums have really calmed down a lot. And he is more mellow … uh, sort of. Actually, living with Seth is kind of like living with a teenager. What attitude! Really, I think he is just a bit more grumpy (especially when he wakes up from a nap) and since he has great speech now (everyone comments on it), the stuff he says is just crazy. The things he says most – “I am so tired of <insert whatever we are supposed to do here”. For example, I am tired of going to bed, I am tired of going to the store, I am tired of going home. Others: “I am going to hit <insert name>.” “I hate you.” “I am going to hurt you” or even worse! And his all-time favorite “Go away”. He especially gets this certain grumpy look on his face and utters that to poor like 5 year olds at the playground. I am hoping this is just a phase and he gets some more social skills, soon. You better believe I do not let him think this is acceptable behavior.
The rough-housing is also getting out of control. Seth is usually good unless provoked, but then you better watch out! Throwing and hitting with various weapons is his favorite. And everything is a weapon with Seth (this was not the case with Andrew at all). He especially likes his play saw and other play tools and his magic wand, but almost anything will do in a pinch. He is especially obsessed with good guys and bad guys. He pretends to be a bad guy a lot. As soon as he puts on his sunglasses, he gets this big scowl and then runs around telling me he is a bad guy and he is going to kill me. Every time we read a story, he needs me to point out which ones are the good guys and which ones are the bad guys.
And generally, Seth is just a rough and tumble kind of kid. He loves to jump off the couch, the table, anything really. He likes to do kind of these fall somersaults off the couch or futons and do flip like things. Crazy boy. He also runs everywhere! He has never been a huge stroller boy, but now he pretty much runs everywhere. He is the fastest of all of us – and now that I am getting along in this pregnancy, there is no way that I can keep up with him. Thankfully, he usually listens and stops when I tell him. He is a pretty obedient kid, thank heavens.
Seth is still obsessed with all things sports and will spot them instantly anywhere. He can differentiate between all the major sports – baseball, soccer, basketball, football, tennis. He always needs to wear sports clothes, day and nights, but thankfully is being a little more liberal in what he considers appropriate wear. Most fits are still over clothes though – this morning was trying to convince him that wearing a Cardinals baseball cap was not appropriate attire for sacrament meeting. He plays soccer and basketball every day and wants to play frisbee with Katsu every day, too. He gets more coordinated by the day and kicks really well and is starting to even catch frisbees, which seems pretty impressive to me.
Seth still loves to read. He reads to himself and wants me to read to him a minimum of an hour a day, but he spends much more time than that looking at books. He also loves his puzzles and is getting not too bad at doing jigsaw puzzles. He likes building things with the Trio blocks, too.
I totally slacked on potty-training this month. But he is so ready, so I have to do it. If he has underwear and I set a timer, he will have no accidents. And there is no lolly-gagging on the potty. He sits down when I get him to after the timer goes off, does his business, and is done in a minute. He doesn’t even want me to help him with taking his clothes on and off. I really need to do it this month.
Fun things this month:
- Hiking at Power Valley. The boys were so excited to go hiking, it has been awhile, too difficult in the hot, humid weather. Seth loved it, though he was pretty worn out by the end.
- Getting pictures taken. They turned out pretty well. Seth threw an enormous fit right before because he wanted to wear soccer clothes – the only issue was we didn’t have matching ones that were clean, and I was no taking pictures in ones that didn’t match. I have to have limits at least on picture day! So, his eyes are a little puffy in the picture, but they look pretty good.
- A few play dates. Those are always fun. Yeah!
- A visit to the zoo. We did almost the whole thing, and even bought a couple bags of animal crackers (I never buy anything there, usually). We were so tired!
- Riding bikes and having a picnic in Creve Coeur Park. Seth had a little bit of a hard time because he wanted to ride the bigger bike and I was freaking out because I was sure he would fall off and break his head (besides the whole fact that he can’t pedal). But it was fun and nice.
- A few Saturday mornings with Dad. Seth loves being with Dad and doing special things with him.
- A couple trips to the Botanical Gardens. We were able to see the tree houses before they left and also play in the Children’s garden which is our favorite. So glad it is not quite so hot anymore.
- Festival of Nations at Tower Grove Park. We watched a Japanese taiko drum group called Cobu (?). They were pretty good and we enjoyed it. We also did some crafts. We parked pretty far away and walked quite a ways to get there and it was pretty hot so we didn’t stay too long in the end. We were tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment