Cute pictures:
The Post:
This post is a bit late because we were driving home from Texas all day on the 2nd and I am still completely exhausted. But I want to get it all down before I forget.
Logan is getting bigger and bigger. I swear, some days I get him in the morning or after a nap and I swear I can tell that he has grown. And then other times, he must be getting taller because he looks thinner. I weighed him shortly after we got to Texas (about 2 weeks ago) and he weighed 15 lbs, but who knows how much he really weighs now. Suffice it to say, that he is big and looks way older than he is. He has almost grown out of size 2 diapers and is now only in 3-6 month clothes. We had some many 0-3 month clothes that were so cute, I kept him stuffed in them for way too long. Logan is eating pretty well (pretty fast and more like every 2-4 hours now). He also will take a pacifier sometimes, like when he is sleepy, but doesn’t just suck on it unless we are holding him and holding it most of the time.
Logan still sleeps a lot most days. He doesn’t really take consistent naps – still more like consistent awake periods. He was starting to have long stretches at night – in Texas, for a few days he was sleeping from 7 pm – 3 am. But everything is still somewhat erratic. He is finally quiet at night (no more grunting) and sleeps all night in his bed (instead of the swing or car seat). Naps still vary, especially since we are in the car a bit for preschool pick up / drop off.
Logan is pretty mellow. He likes to look around and be quiet. He cries when he is upset at us (like when we make him do tummy time or take a bath) and is somewhat fussy in the evenings before bed time. He is starting to make cooing noises and it is so cute. He loves to have little conversations with me. I love it. He also loves to just stare at me and watch me. He is good at following objects and can watch me even across the room. He likes when Katsu plays with his lips and gives huge smiles. Logan really loves to smile, especially when he sees one of us (or the boys – he really loves the boys). I love to watch his eyes just light up and his huge grin.
Logan likes to look out. He wants to be held outward. He also is not a fan of the sling – it’s okay – he’ll protest a little bit, but then he will chill out and fall asleep. He likes being held on his tummy, but not as much as facing outside. He likes being rocked and especially being walked around. When he is tired, he has this little nuzzle thing he will do, moving his head back and forth on my neck until he finds the perfect position and falls asleep.
Logan had a nice Christmas. He was great during the drives and not too fussy at all. He slept most of the time, which was great. He enjoyed Silver Dollar City in this cute little fuzzy suit and cuddled up in the sling, but he got cold toward the end and we were ready to leave. He got a few presents for Christmas – a mobile from Ji and Ba and a little bell dog thing that he likes to reach for and kick from my grandparents. I think he mostly enjoyed having so many people to hold him (I know I did).
Logan was blessed in Texas on the January 1st in my parents ward. Katsu gave the blessing and my Dad and my brother-in-law Danny stood in the circle. Katsu blessed *us* to help be good parents to Logan (guide him in the straight and narrow). He also blessed Logan to learn to love and care for his fellow man, to understand the sorrow and challenge of others and care for them. To remember the example of his Savior and remember him and have the Holy Spirit with him. And also to live his life and learn wisdom to forgive others. It was a great blessing. Logan looked really cute in his outfit (same as my brother Michael and also as Andrew), but he was busting out – we couldn’t even do some of the snaps and we had to smuch his arms in! So, as soon as the blessing was done, we had to take him out. And then, we never got any pictures. Oh, well.
His appt is tomorrow and I’ll post his stats.
Fun Things This Month:
- Santa parade at St. Charles. Of course, Logan pretty much slept all the time in the sling while people commented on how cute he was.
- Baby shower that my visiting teachers threw for Logan – a book shower. Logan got tons of new books and mostly slept most of the time. It was a lot of fun.
- Visit to the science museum. Obviously, did not enjoy the program about color – so we had to leave early while he screamed his head off because he decided he was hungry.
- Trip to Texas. The highlight was spending time with all my side of the family and the blessing and enjoying the warm weather and having lots of walks.
1 comment:
Oh shoot! We drove back into TX the night of the 31st. We could have come to the baby blessing and seen you! Rats! :P Well, next time we'll have to coordinate our trips better. :) Happy new year!
Post a Comment