Thursday, February 02, 2012

Logan is 3 months old!

January 2012 007

Jan 2012 008Jan 2012 024Jan 2012 030Jan 2012 035Jan 2012 045Jan 2012 052Jan 2012 057Jan 2012 061

Logan is still getting bigger but I can not believe that he is 3 months already.  On the other hand, this kid is HUGE – I took him to the doctor on Friday (he has a lump on his bum that he’s had since December that is just not getting better) and he weighs 18 lbs!!!  He hit it a whole month earlier than chubby Andrew.  He is starting to outgrow 3-6 month clothes and will probably grow out of size 3 diapers soon.  Big boy.  I swear, his head looks the same size as Seth!  And his hair is really long … like an inch past his neck.  Yikes – he needs a haircut.  His head is flat, but at least it is symmetrical, but I am hoping we can avoid a helmet, though our doctor already told us she could give us a recommendation (sigh).

Logan is going through a bit of a growth spurt the last day or two and is eating a lot more frequently, but he was settling into a 3 hour or so stretch at a time.  He is still a pretty good nurser.  At night, he usually wakes up at 3ish and 6ish to eat and sleeps roughly 7ish to 8ish.  So, pretty good, I think.  He has slept till 5 a few days, but I think 7-3 is probably best for his age anyways.  He sleeps in his crib pretty well and still likes being swaddled, though he pokes his hand out so he can chew on it, though he is figuring out how to suck him thumb, too.  I think he might be a thumb sucker.  He is getting closer to a nap routine, usually a nap in the am while Andrew is at preschool, another in the afternoon and then a catnap early evening before dinner.  But, especially with running errands or going to the park and driving to preschool he is a little erratic.  He still takes some naps in his car seat or in the stroller, but I would prefer to do it all in the crib, if only the schedule were a little better.

Logan is getting very smiley and very chatty.  He loves to coo and have little conversations.  His face lights up and smiles tons with me and Katsu.  It was so sad – he had a bad cold this last week or so.  He was coughing, sneezing, nose running, and he wouldn’t even smile.  It was so sad.  But he is smiling again now.  I can start to tell that he really prefers me and he gets excited when he sees me or Katsu or the kids.  He really lights up for Andrew, especially, because Andrew loves to spend time and talk to him.

Logan has pretty good head control.  He loves to kick his legs and try to support his body on his legs.  He also likes to sit on my lap and practice sitting a little bit.  He hates tummy time, but he is getting good about pushing up a bit on his arms and looking around.  He’ll do it for a few minutes, but then he gets upset and crying and will just lay with his face down and suck on his hand.  I am trying to teach him to roll over, because at least it makes him tolerate tummy time a little bit better.

Logan can track really well and loves to watch the fish on his mobile on the swing.  He’s not a huge fan of the swinging, itself, but loves to sit and watch the fish.  When they stop moving, he cries, because he is sad.  Logan also likes to try and grab and kick things when he is in his baby gym.  He loves to do this and is pretty happy doing this for quite a while while we cook dinner.

It has been beautiful weather here (especially for January) and we’ve been able to spend some nice time outside – and Logan seems to enjoy spending time in the double stroller going to the park.

Fun Things This Month:

- Zoo and science center.  Movie at the history museum (the highlight for Logan, of course, was nursing in the bathroom).

- Chinese new year celebration.  It was a little intense for Logan because it was very loud.  I had him in a sling and he fell asleep for a while, but I think the paper dragon that all the kids and adults were running around the house was just a little too loud and he woke up, poor thing.

- Hiking on Martin Luther King Day on the old Chain of Rocks bridge and then at the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers.  Logan slept a lot, but it was nice to get out and get some fresh air.  He missed seeing the bald eagles because he was sleeping, but somehow I don’t think he would have seen it anyway.

No comments: