So, artichokes were on sale last week at the grocery store. I have never cooked them before or eaten them that I can recall, but for some reason, they were calling my name. I read up in the cookbooks and decided steaming was called for. We recently got all new pots, but, alas, no longer have a steamer inset. So, today I finally bought a steamer and decided to fix artichokes. But, I still did not know how to eat one. So, we watched a youtube video before dinner about it. And lo, and behold, EVERYONE ate and liked the artichokes. Andrew ate half an artichoke all by himself. And they were pretty big artichokes. I don’t know if it was the complicated eating, the presentation, or the video, but wow – that was a first for a new vegetable. Up there with the kids suddenly liking romaine lettuce when we used it for the bitter herbs for our Passover dinner. Weird kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment