Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Noah is 3 months old!

Noah just seems like a little baby now - the newborn is all gone.  He is a big little baby, though, I guess.  I am sure he is still gaining weight well, though not quite as much as he did last month, I think.  He is chunky, but seems a little less fat because he holds him head up well and you can almost see his neck some of the time!

Sleep - Noah is still not quite in a routine or schedule, but we are getting there.  He is going to bed earlier - between 6:30 and 7:30.  He gets fussy and tired in the evenings, but he's easy.  You nurse him, swaddle him up, and put him to bed.  He does like to do a long nursing right before going to bed, but it's no effort to get him to go to sleep.  He is the first child I have had that likes his crib and prefers to sleep in it.  And you can swaddle him in a blanket and lay him in his crib awake and as long as he is sleepy, he will go to sleep!  I love it!  Naps are kind of all over the place.  Partially because we are never just at home, except sometimes Tues and Thur.  But between church meetings, preschool, walking school bus, and soccer, we just aren't sitting at home for him to take naps.  So, he takes two shortish naps in the morning / early afternoon and then he usually does get a longer nap in his crib from 2-5ish for 1.5 - 3 hours depending on the day.  He really loves sleeping in his crib.  One day, I tried to wake him up because it was 5:30 and I was afraid he wouldn't sleep later.  He was so sad and just crying at being woken up.

Eating - not much to say - Noah nurses easily, about every 3 hours.  At night, he wakes up usually once around 3 or 4 and then goes right back to sleep.  Easy.

Habits - Noah still likes to suck on his fingers and does it quite a bit.  Thinking it will probably stick, but we'll have to see.  He loves to laugh.  He likes to be talked to and talks back and will smile and laugh a lot.  He just seems to be a pretty happy baby.  He really likes to watch the boys when they are interacting with him.  He loves being with Katsu.  He likes to be sung to (he really likes Head Shoulders Knees and Toes with me).  I swear, today he even made a note on pitch with what I was singing - weird.  He likes when you dance with him.  He is not a fan of sudden movements or being held up high, but if it's not too high, he will smile.  He raises his eyebrows and likes when you do it to him.  He learned how to make a raspberry sound today and was trying that out quite a bit.

Noah really is a chill little baby.  He likes to be attended to quickly.  He is not a huge fan of driving - especially stopping or really long car rides, but he did well on our trip.  Although now I think he is a little more antsy in the car.  He likes to be outside and watching the boys.  He will sit in his swing and watch the mobile or look at his reflection, but doesn't particularly like swinging.  He likes to hit the squeaky toy on his play mat and likes to try to hit things with his arms.  He enjoys being held while I read stories to the boys (or sometimes we remember to pull out board books for him) ... as long as it doesn't take too long.

I still think he looks like me.

He started going to the preschool on Friday mornings from 9-11:30ish while I am teaching my lab and having office hours.  He takes a bottle that I pump and is a chill happy guy.  He usually takes a nap when he is there, too.  The ladies in the baby room LOVE him.  They think he is super cute and sweet and said I should bring him more days a week - not going to do that, but I'm glad that they like him and he seems to be fine with it.  I am hoping this will help reduce separation anxiety in the future which was so limiting with the other kids.

He took his first trip to the Appalachians this month and did really well.  The car ride home was a little difficult.  But he slept well on the trip in the pack and play which was amazing to me.  I have a feeling he will be hard to travel with, though, just because he much prefers sleeping in his crib to in a carrier or stroller or car seat or one my shoulder.  We'll see though ...





No comments: