Otherwise, it was a pretty unspectacular week. Noah keeps falling asleep for a "nap" way too late and then won't sleep till like 10 o'clock at night. He really is at that worst nap stage. You have to work SO hard to make sure he doesn't take a nap. And it's too bad, because the days he takes a nap he is really delightful. But then it is SO not worth it. Otherwise, he is doing pretty well with potty training. His accidents are usually not telling us soon enough and a leaking a bit before we get him on the toilet. But he really is pretty much potty trained. He loves playing with his super hero toys and is now still obsessed with Spiderman, but adding Batman and Wonder Woman to his favorites. Now, he wants batman shoes and wonder woman clothes - I think I will have a hard time finding those in his size. He loves playing with his friend Logan at preschool and nursery and is dying for play dates. I really need to work harder on that. Noah does the cutest little running while pumping one hand. He loves to tell me how much he loves me lately and cuddle.
Logan is being pretty onery lately and always taking Noah's things, but when he's not, they play really well together. He is getting pretty good at his reading and recognizes every sight word that they have learned at preschool, which is like 20 of them. He loves doing his workbooks, looking through books, playing quietly by himself, running wild with his brothers, playing on his Ziggle, and playing games. Logan loves listening to all the Wayside School books on CD while we are driving.
We bought some IQ games to bring on our trip - they are single player games where you have to fit all the puzzles pieces together and they have like 120 different levels for each game. I love them because everyone is really quiet when they are working on them. They are mostly 8+, but Logan can do them pretty well, too.
Seth whines constantly as usual and is always complaining about being bored, but nothing new there. He reads a lot on the sly and hates when I make him redo his work because his handwriting is so bad. He loves to play with his neighbor friend Eli most of the time and is happiest playing with friends. He keeps trying to convince me we need to sell all the toys so we can buy more screens. He is still obsessed with Slitherio and also will make things on Scratch to make me happy (I prefer his creating instead of consuming when he is on the computer). He made many very sweet cards for Andrew's birthday and even gave Andrew money for his birthday. He also helped Logan make cards. He is ready for the summer and tried of going to school and wants me to home school him. Which would probably consist of his saying he was bored 100 million times a day.
Fun Things This Week:
- Andrew set up the tent to fulfill his last Bear cub scout requirement. We had hot dogs and coleslaw and brats to go along with it. He also rebuilt our fire pit for another requirement last week and we've been trying out a fire with it. Now that we have a bigger car, we can finally go camping!
- Cub scouts on Tuesday - Andrew tried out the Webelos den a day early.
- Wed, in addition to being Andrew's birthday, was also National Bike to School Day. I agreed that we could do a little event, so I invited all the kids who I see riding bikes to school and we met up at 7:30am for donuts and I made up some goodie bags. I was pretty surprised to look at the door and see 3 TV stations there for filming! The kids all thought that was great, except Seth who was super embarrassed and wanted to sneak off to school by himself.
- Andrew went on a field trip to the bird park on Thursday. Apparently, it poured rain the entire time. That's too bad because it didn't rain at all here.
- Logan went on a field trip to pick strawberries on Thursday. My friends grandparents who are in the ward said they would watch Noah and it worked out great. Logan picked a pint of strawberries and I picked one for us and one for the family that watched Noah. We also did a hay ride sans hay and saw all the animals.
- Thursday afternoon was PJ day at the book fair so we all walked over and the boys each picked out a book. Noah, of course, picked out a girl super hero book because it featured Wonder Woman. Andrew and Seth bought got a free book, too, so that was fun. I was just glad to get out of there because it is always so packed.
- I had a presidency meeting on Thursday night as well.
- Friday, we made up pizza and the boys watched a movie - Atlantis. Then, off to bed and Katsu and I watched Hidden Figures. I loved it and didn't even fall asleep! A friend had dropped off some hand me down clothes, so I spent the evening sorting through all our clothes. All the boys clothes are now completely sorted and I got rid of a whole bunch of old clothing. Noah had a weird nap this day, so he watched most of Hidden Figures with us, as well.
- Saturday, we spent the morning cleaning and the afternoon with Andrew's party. In the evening, the kids went to bed so we could watch Rogue One again, but I feel asleep well before 9. Oh, well. Too many mornings this week of the kids waking up having wet the bed.
- Boys did breakfast in bed for me today. Noah had a breakfast in a bag present from preschool (all week he's told me that I'm getting an apple) and Logan made me all kinds of gifts and Katsu got me some chocolate). It's been a good day so far (though very hectic at church where I was in charge of sharing time and playing the music in Primary).
















No comments:
Post a Comment