April 24 - Noah wore underwear to preschool and did great. The other days, he ended up peeing in them, so we are back to putting him in pull-ups at preschool, but we are at least marching forward with potty training. Last full day of teaching.
April 25 - I had to teach make up labs all morning - ECU does this weird Tuesday is actually a Friday thing. So, Logan went to preschool and Noah stayed home with Katsu all morning and had fun. I left work a little early and picked up Logan. There was a pack meeting at Cub Scouts but Noah and I went to Seth's last regular soccer game. As is par for the course, Noah spent the whole time running back and forth to the bathroom. We tried a new quinoa casserole - loved the flavor, hated the texture, kids were super skeptical.
April 26 - Kids had preschool. I had no work - I was going to go into work anyways to get some things done, but decided to have fun instead. I got a badly needed haircut - above my shoulder with layers, so at least it looks closer to being styled now. Only took 15 minutes, so wasn't too bad. I also just went shopping and hung out at the bookstore. Then, I went to Andrew's Math Master competition. He had pizza and then we hung out to watch the final highest individual competitors and hear the results from the earlier competitions. Andrew wasn't in the top 32 - it was a lot of 3rd graders this time as their test seemed easier, so he wasn't in the final rounds. His group came in 3rd place for the 4th grade group competition, so he got a medal, which was exciting. There are 6 kids per school per grade, divided into 2 teams with 3 people each. There are about 10ish schools participating, I think. He had a lot of fun and ate an enourmous amount of food. Logan and Noah went home with our friends that we carpool with, so I picked them up afterwards. Seth had a field trip this day as well and went to River Park North. He got to see the nature center and go hiking and have pizza (though he was upset they only got 1 piece each and thought it was a rip off ... ha ha). It was Logan's last soccer game. He had a good last game, though Noah fell asleep on the way there and it was kind of chaotic, as all games are when the other 3 are in tow. He had a really great season with a great coach.
April 27 - We had yet another speech meeting for Seth. He is officially going to get tested and will hopefully be ready to start speech in the fall. Seriously - the slowest process ever!!!!!
April 28 - I gave my final exam. I came home afterwards to run laundry while I graded only to have all kinds of ruckus break out at ECU. Apparently one of the other professors for the class I teach never showed up for the exam - he thought it was at a different time. Wish I had stayed so I could have just printed out exams for them, but oh, well. Guess I missed out on the drama. Off and on through the day there may have been much TV watching and I finished grading all the exams. Yay! Katsu had a future Japanese post-doc in town, so he came over for dinner (pizza from Dominos) and then they spent lots of time playing baseball with Dr. Hiro outside. Katsu took him home and Seth picked the movie Little Giants for movie night - but the copy off YouTube where you can actually only see 2/3 of the screen. It was pretty awful, but the boys loved it.
April 29 - a busy day. Andrew, Seth, and Katsu went to do the Krispy Kreme cub scout fundraiser in the morning - sold well, but sounds like there was quite a bit of drama. Then, Logan went to a birthday party for a friend - I brought Noah along who fell asleep and then slept through the first half of the party and was upset he missed the bouncy houses. Katsu, Andrew, and Seth meanwhile went to go feed the homeless and were one of the two families there. Then, they got home in time for us to all go to the park for a going-away party for our friends' the Smiths. We ate lots of yummy food, the boys played until they were dehydrated and red in the cheeks, and I think Noah got bit by fire ants. We got home and had ice cream and went to bed. What a long day. Katsu and I attempted to watch Rogue One for the first time and got through about 45 minutes before I was falling asleep. Oh, well.
April 30 - church. Andrew reluctantly gave a very good talk on his favorite story of Jesus. Katsu left in the afternoon to fly to Utah for a short trip. The boys were awful as soon as Katsu left, of course.
May 1 - I dropped the kids off to preschool, rushed to work to give a makeup exam and got there 5 minutes late to a student who was sort of freaking out because she thought she was in the wrong place. She finished in just enough time for me to leave and pick up the kids from preschool. We had a mostly lazy day until we had to go to Seth's soccer tournament game at 5:30. Going to soccer games with Noah is always a chore - trying to keep him awake in the car (prime falling asleep time for a kid who doesn't nap) and then going back and forth to bathroom like every 10 minutes. He LOVES public restrooms, especially ones with dryers that blow so he can dance under them. I missed when Seth was goalie and a ball hit him in the head and then he had to be removed from being goalie. It was overall a very disappointing game for the boys. I was glad for the season to be done as I have not loved the coach. He was playing against his best friend from school, the family that Katsu had co-coached with, often.
May 2 - Noah and I picked up Katsu from the airport in the morning (after yet another red-eye). It was crazy to see the amount of flooding that Greenville got again from the rain storm we had the previous week. When we picked Logan up from preschool, we took an impromptu trip to the park. I was worried it would be flooded - and it was - but just part of the parking lot and the fishing pier (which is where the river is in the pictures). Katsu was super tired, but showered and went into work. That evening we had cub scouts and a PTA meeting, so Katsu took all the boys to cub scouts so he could run the committee meeting and I had to run to the PTA meeting to vote. It was a heated vote and I was just glad when it was done. A busy busy evening.
May 3 - Noah and Logan were going to see a puppet show at the library with their preschool class (Little Red Riding Hood). I volunteered to help take Noah's class over there and so I stayed with his at preschool and then walked his class to the library and watched it with both Logan and Noah. There were TONS of preschool kids there and it was super loud, but they both seemed to enjoy it. Then, I drove to work and turned in some Capstone evaluations I had forgotten to do earlier and got a little bit of work done before racing back to preschool. Otherwise, a normal day. We started watching Star Wars movies to prepare for Star Wars day.
May 4 - I ran and did a long workout in the morning and then was planning on taking a shower after preschool drop off. But Noah wanted to go to the library. And then wanted to stay and watch the puppet show again. So, we just went to Target afterwards and picked up a seat protector for the car we were planning on buying. We went home and then I decided to clean out the car. Good thing - Katsu went to look at the car and took it to a mechanic and they basically wanted him to buy it right then or they were going to sell it to an auction (not sure if that was plausible or not, but we could go since Andrew's orchestra concert was rescheduled). So, I found the title, the checkbook (but forgot to check it - thankfully it had one check left!), and the seat protectors and loaded up the kids in the car. Seth was sad about the old car, so he brought paper and a blue marker he was using to draw a picture of our car in remembrance. That was my mistakes. It started pouring rain and I hate driving in the rain. I tried to get them to be quiet, but it wasn't working well, I was getting stressed, and Andrew started drawing all over Seth with the blue marker. Much to my chagrin, by the time we got to the dealership - which is like 15 minutes away - Seth's entire face was blue as well as blue marks all up and down his arms and legs and clothes. And it was not a washable marker! I was somewhat livid. Plus the fact that I have Noah wearing underwear, so I always have to be vigilant about that. So, I took Noah to the bathroom and Seth and Andrew tried to clean Seth up, but he was still very blue ... we went through the long process of signing papers, etc. etc. and finally got done around 6. The boys kept jumping in all the puddles and getting wet while we tried to load the car seats into the car. Katsu was upset about Andrew and Seth and their misbehavior so they got to drive home with Katsu while Logan and Noah got to ride home with me. We got home and made up pizza but then didn't have time to watch Star Wars. The boys were very upset because it was Star Wars day, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles some times, so they got to eat their Star Wars jigglers and go to bed. Katsu and I finally got to finish Rogue One and I enjoyed it a lots.
May 5 - I stayed at home to work while boths boys went to preschool, but I didn't get that much work done. I ran and did a longish leg workout and showered and then organized some closets and did some thinking about goals for myself over the next quarter. But it was nice regardless to have some kid-free time. The boys were wild all day. We could have watched Star Wars if they got stuff done, but instead they were just being wild running around. Katsu came home and then we went to the chinese buffet to celebrate Children's Day (a Japanese holiday). The boys were wild and crazy so we only had time to watch one Star Wars movie. I worked on Logan's journal and finished his first 5 years book.
May 6 - A at-home Saturday with a long to-do list. I got woken up at 5ish by Noah and couldn't go back to sleep, so I went on a long slow jog (4 miles). Then, I cleaned and was on potty training duty with Noah inside, while Katsu cleaned up the garage. We reorganized everything was we could put all the bikes and things on Katsu's side of the garage - more convenient, since they often use their bikes and scooters when he is gone. We got rid of lots of things with multiple trips to the dump - the double stroller (yay! served us well but so glad to see that gone!), an old microwave cart, the old "couch" that the boys loved but we were so done with, an old vacuum, my elliptical (sad it broke, but have gotten even better with working out to fitnessblender and running), etc. We have really been working to clean out the house and the next step is fixing and repairing and painting. We didn't have time to start that. Seth ended up getting a new-to-us bike from a friend as well. Boys spent time playing outside, too. Seth and Andrew spent most of the morning mowing the lawn, but its hard for them to do the back because they don't have enough upper-body strength. All in all, a good day - busy, lots of cleaning, but our house is definitely looking uncluttered.
Flooding at the park.
Seth's tournament game
Math Masters
Seth's last regular soccer game
Messy Noah













No comments:
Post a Comment