Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's Cold Outside

Yeah, it's cold. Really cold. Bitter cold. It had been such a lovely winter and now its week without the high getting above 20 FAHRENHEIT! Yikes. Tomorrow, the high is supposed to be like 5 degrees and the low below 0 and that is not wind chill. We are talking wind chills of 20 below!

So, unfortunately, I have cut down a bit on my walking to and from school. Seriously, I am started to get somewhat concerned about frostbite and such on a half hour walk. And Monday after working out in the morning and walking to and from school I was so exhausted I could hardly move ... maybe 1.5 hours of exercise in chilly chilly weather is too much for this pregnant woman to take. Oh, well.

We've had a nice weekend so far. Thursday night we went to the local creamery for a couple pints of delicious ice cream - Mackinaw Island Fudge and Michigan Black Bear (or something like that) and then watched hilarious Doritos commericals on line.

Friday we had a nice dinner and then went and the saw U of M's symphony band play about 7 or 8 pieces. At first, I wasn't sure how great the show would be, but they really had a nice eclectic mix from Strauss to circus music to some new modern music (which I really enjoyed). It was a lot of fun.

Today we went and finally had our first sandwich at the very famous, very good, and very expensive Zingermans. We split a $12 Reuben sandwich - but oh, is it divine. With homemade bread, homemade cheese, and heck - the best meat ever, we loved it. Then we went and checked out a soccer store. We drove down to Dundee with so much swirling snow our visibility was very very low to go buy chocolates (Russell Stover's outlet) and beef jerky (Beef Jerky Unlimited). Then, back to Ann Arbor and we finally bought a car seat, plus some other miscellaneous stuff and then back home. We are babysitting for friends tonight.

Well, that's a week in our exciting COOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLD Michigan life.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

So good to get another post from your cold cold land. From the weather channel we see how very cold it has been up your way. Yes do be careful and not get frost bitten or fall on the ice. Sounds like your morning sickness isn't too bad if you can eat all that good icecream you are telling us about and the yummy Rueben. That is grandpa's all time favorite sandwich of all sandwiches. He has one about once a year since it really isn't on his food list. :) It would be fun to visit you sometime and see that part of the world. We will be in Virginia in April. Come see us at Jason and Angela's. :) Love you both. Grandpa and Grandma Clark

Crystal said...

I could NEVER live somewhere that cold. I'm complaining about the 30's we've been in here. :-)

P.S.
I want pictures of you Amanda!!