After our last trip to London ... and the unintended consequences (don't ask), I thought that I would be turned off from traveling for ever. Well, that didn't last ...
I miss traveling already and though we did have our nice Cleveland / Chicago trip, that was not enough. I want to get out of the country (and further away than Windsor!) So, here are some trips that I want to take (and possibly when):
1) Toronto - as soon as I feel like we are ready to take the baby for a longish trip (probably 2 or 3 days) this is where I want to go (maybe early next fall). It's about a five hour drive and I haven't been there since I was a kid ... Casa Loma here we come!
2) Switzerland - our goal is for summer 2008. This will be Katsu's 10 year high school reunion and you can't miss your high school reunion, right? I don't know exactly about the money aspect, but I figure it's a perfect time to travel while we're in grad school and have lots of time (of course, if I stay in grad school, we will definately have enough money.
3) Japan - probably spring 2008 or something like that. Of course, it depends a lot on when/if Katsu's parents come to visit. Right now they are planning on something like September, but if that doesn't work out, we will have to go there so they can see their grandchild. Spring, cherry blossom season would be best. Of course, we will probably need help affording plane tickets .... depending on our finances. We haven't been there for 2 years, so it will be time to see his family again.
and more for the future:
4) Italy - maybe while Sarah hopefully goes there during study abroad, but eventually sometime we have to go here!!!
5) Las Vegas - considering that my mom's whole family is from here (and Katsu hasn't met hardly any of them) and Katsu served his mission here, we are far overdue for a trip.
6) Egypt - a dream of ours
7) Jerusalem - another dream of ours
8) Morocco - especially since we didn't get there like we wanted when we were in Spain ...
9) California - we've never really been there and we always seem to have a few friends that live there (mostly in San Diego), we are definately due a trip. Maybe when we graduate ...
10) Washington / Oregon - ditto above.
and many many more but that will have to do for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Uh, hello!!!! I didn't see Allen, TX on there. Gosh!! :-)
I wonder if we could just slip into your pocket and go too. Sounds like so much fun. You two are really becoming world travelers. Good for you. Love you both and the little one to come. xoxoxoxox
Post a Comment