I am skipping the picture - I attempted to take one, but they all turned out really badly, so to anyone who is interested ...
1. I love to learn new things, kind of like an obsession. In college, after they laid off our entire team at Sun Microsystems where I was interning, I spent the few weeks before starting a research job at school watching lectures on World History, the history of the english language, etc. I still love to watch/listen to lectures, whether at home or whether I am dragging Katsu to physics lectures on Sat. mornings at U of M or to medical lectures at Harvard Medical School.
2. I am compulsive about our personal finances and hate to spend money (but I am getting better ...). Katsu would probably say I am addicted to Quicken, but at least we have quite a bit of money saved up considering we are still in school and both students.
3. I like walking. I still walk to (and from) school almost every day even though it is 1.5 miles away (it is getting a bit more uncomfortable with just 3 weeks till the due date). In Boston, I would regularly walk 3, 4, or 5 miles just for fun, just to get out and see the city. I really want to live in a walkable city.
4. I like to cook, but I hate to cook for other people. I get really nervous about taking food over to other people or bringing a dish (unless it is a dessert) to a friend's house, because I worry they won't like our food. I really feel like I don't know what people like to eat. And we don't eat a lot of meat and we eat quite a bit of beans, so I think people won't like that. Seriously, it's like an anxiety attack trying to cook food for people.
5. I think I am a "mean" wife. At least, I think I expect Katsu to do a lot of stuff. For example, I expect him to do a lot of chores - taking out the trash, cooking a few times a week, cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom, and taking care of the car are all his jobs. I also do not find him coming home late at night on a regular basis (i.e. later than 6 or 6:30) acceptable and will not accept this in the future either. He will have a family-friendly job and it starts now while he is in school. I think at least I have always made this very clear to him - one reason, I didn't like the whole med-school track. On the other hand, making big bucks is not the biggest priority to me. I can manage on not too much money (see #2). I guess I just think that other wives seems so much nicer to their husbands - doing all the housework, child care, picking him up from school (Katsu can take the bus ...), etc. and I am just not like that.
and a few others (I'll keep it shorter)
6. We plan on raising our kids bilingually - i.e. I need to learn Japanese ASAP
7. I have a HORRIBLE memory.
8. I am horrible at sports - basically all of them.
9. I have bad knees and kind of walk/stand funny.
10. My main goal in scrapbooking is getting it done and up to date, so I write directly on the pages without stopping to check spelling (or even the facts ... I get dates/people/things we did wrong all the time).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah, you did it! You're the only person I've tagged who did this. We have Quicken and Travis uses that and his excel spreadsheets pretty extensively as well. I also totally know what you mean about cooking for other people. I'd love to have people over for dinner but I freak out about whether they'll like it. Only 3 weeks left!! Holy Molie!! I'm so excited for you!!!
I don't think you sound like a mean wife!! Kyle does a lot of things around our house too, he just knows he has to do it! That is so great that you are such a good walker - especially this late in your pregnancy. Way to stay healthy!!!
Just wanted to let you know we will be down in June---So I'd love to see you guys!!! I hope everything goes well with the baby! I'm so excited for you!!!
Hi Amanda and Katsu, Just scanning all the blogs this morning while your parents are at work. Yes we are still here and guess will be going home on Monday. I loved this last post. Good to get to know you better now you are all grown up. We are waiting patiently for that new little grandbaby to get here. I imagine anyday now. Your parents are a bit excited too. We will love to see you in June. Love you and happy mother's day.xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment