Well, I guess I officially, more or less, have a master's degree now. I didn't walk, but we decided to go to the main ceremony today anyways, mostly to hear the commencement speaker: Bill Clinton. It's funny - I know people (from church) who absolutely refused to go because they didn't want to hear him speak and he was the whole reason I came. Well, and to get the program because my name is in it! I enjoyed all the speakers actually. All those speeches really get me to thinking about my citizenship and what I can do to be a better citizen - mostly, I would like to volunteer somewhere in the community and also I think I should start recycling and also, I really really need to get my act together and buy some reusable grocery bags - getting so many plastic ones just kills me every time (if anyone has suggestions). Anyways, here are a couple of pictures of graduation.
Oh, yeah, and the main reason I didn't walk is because I saw no point in buying a cap and gown if for some reason I went into labor early. But I haven't. So, at 39 weeks 1 day pregnant, I spent about 2-3 hours sitting in the tiny bleacher seats and then standing in a very crowded non-moving crowd for at least half an hour before walking back downtown. And frustratingly, I swear, if I am wearing a jacket people can't even tell I'm pregnant - arghh.
No comments:
Post a Comment