Sunday, March 09, 2008

Andrew is 10 months old (tomorrow)

This has been a busy month for Andrew. He learned to crawl and is crawling and pulling himself up everywhere! He pulls up on the standards - the couch, chairs, coffee table, bookshelves, our legs. As well as on books, on the wall. Crazy little boy. His new favorite thing to do is to get into everything. He seems to have a special affinity for electrical engineering textbooks, Disney classic DVDs in tins, and the cat's toys as well as cords and outlets. He is really happy just doing this all day.

He is also learning some other important skills, like stacking blocks (though he still prefers to knock them down) and putting things in a bucket (though he still prefers to dump it all out). I especially enjoy the second task because it means he is this much closer to chores, like picking up and throwing away trash. I also trying to brain-wash him by constantly singing "When we're helping we're happy ...", a great little Primary ditty.

Andrew's love of music seems bottomless, especially for African music and techno. He loves to wave his arms up and down and when standing to shake his bum. I am also trying to introduce him to poetry and art. We enjoyed some museums this last month which was great fun!

Andrew seems to have finally mastered "ma-ma" and "da-da" (and mostly attach them to the right parent) and seems to say the word "bye" as well. He knows Joe's name very well, but doesn't know how to say it yet. He misses Katsu a lot when he is at work during the day and loves to sit by the window and wait for him in the evening. He missed him terribly when we were in Texas.

Andrew is a bit of a bully. He likes to hug/wrestle other kids and also has learned the fine art of biting. We hope this is mostly because he is teething (his 5th and 6th tooth are coming in), and it will get better.

His gagging is getting better, but he still spits all food out and I think I have seen him swallow something like once. He eats a bit of yogurt, maybe 1 oz, by us putting it on a spoon and then handing him the spoon and he feeds himself. We have tried to feed him other things this way, but he quickly realizes they are not yogurt.

Overall, Andrew is really a very happy kid. He smiles a lot. We are having fun.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

You have a precious little boy. I loved the pictures of him below. Thanks for stopping by Teen Lit Review. I also have another blog (http://scampsplace.blogspot.com) and am giving away another book there.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I can't believe how old he is! He sounds like he is so on top of things and really learning a lot. I hope everything works out with the doctors. That is so frustrating!