Sunday, March 02, 2008

Terracotta Warriors & Fudge


Yesterday, we went on a miniature road trip to Midland, MI, which really must be in the middle of nowhere. It was very spur of the moment. The museum there was having a really cool exhibit that I read about in the in-flight-magazine that I had to see - 2 terracotta warriors from China. The artistry and beauty of these warriors is amazing - especially considering there are thousands of them (a whole army)! I hope I someday get to see the army in China, but that will be a LONG LONG time off. So, this exhibit whetted my appetite for now. (We didn't see this soldier, but a very similar one). The museum in Midland
was really well done for the small museum. It also had an exhibit called "Grossology" which talked about the science of burps, farts, sneezes, etc - lovely. Andrew was fascinated with an electronic faucet which talked about sneezing.

Afterwards, we stopped by Frankenmuth on the way home for their famous chicken dinner - SO delicious - and browsed the shops and bought some WONDERFUL fudge! German Chocolate and also Chocolate Almond which is already all gone, but was so fabulous I wanted to buy more on the website. And I don't even like fudge! It was a fun weekend. Too bad our camera wasn't charged so we don't have any pictures.

No comments: