Monday, July 14, 2008

Quick story

Today at dinner we were having our favorite Spinach Loaf as well as some chilled Minted Pea Soup. Andrew was whining for some food and we finally figured out he wanted to try the soup. So, we got him a bowl of it and were trying to spoon feed him but he wasn't so interested. So, I said something like, "Well, should I feed this to or are you going to get it?". And Andrew said completely clearly, "I'll get it." Usually when he says something, it's so garbled and hard to understand that I'm like, I think he said dog. But this was crystal clear. Katsu agreed. It was very weird. But he did get his soup and did a pretty good job with the spoon for a minute before he dumped the bowl on his high chair. He still isn't eating much, but he loved the soup and he loved our dessert of stewed cherries (tart cherries we got at the Farmer's market). And by the way - a paper clip actually does a fairly decent job of pitting cherries. Who knew.

No comments: