Wednesday, July 02, 2008

CSA - Week #3


We missed the second week (our friend was kind enough to share in the bounty) and then they skipped a week because it's been such a wet / cold year. But now we get another week full of yummy goodness.

French Breakfast Radishes (elongated red and white radishes)
Fresh Garlic Bulb (peel and eat/cook)
Baby Turnips Roots and Greens Bunched (from our 2nd planting)
Baby Romaine and Sugar Leaf Lettuce (last lettuce for a short while)
Fresh Genovese Sweet Basil (for making pesto or seasoning tomato sauce)
Bunched Peppermint (great for making fresh tea hot or cold)

My favorite part is eating things I normally wouldn't and figuring out how to use them - this week I will have to figure out turnips, radishes, and the herbs. I am thinking of finally making my eggplant soup properly with mint (it calls for mint, but I always use rosemary instead, because I never have mint). Any more great recipes, friends and family?

No comments: