We finally bought a new (to us) car yesterday! And we paid cash for it (super yeah!). We bought a 2006 Mazda5 and it's blue. It looks like this. Soon, we'll take a picture of proud us next to our car. We needed a bigger car, since we'll keep it for a long time and we'll probably have another kid in the next 10 years (NOT an announcement. I want to have the next child after I'm done with grad school so I can enjoy pregnancy and babyness without being stressed continually with grad school). And we just couldn't stomach a mini-van yet, so this is a nice transition. It's flexible and can seat up to 6 people (though a little tight in the back for anyone but kids).
This is the first time we bought a car for reals since we've had a 1995 Ford Taurus that I've had since high school! Hopefully we can run this one into the ground as well and keep it for 10 years. Probably unlikely, but we'll see. We kept the Taurus a lot longer than we imagined.
3 comments:
nice! oh and be careful with your expectation on what happens after grad school. Hopefully you will not be unpleasantly surprised. ;)
sewmanybooks.blogspot.com
Wahoo! Very cool!! I bet you are loving it. I've been thinking lots about you. I hope you are well in Missouri. Your kids are very cute. Call me any time.
Krista
Yeah! Congratulations. We don't have the stomache for a mini-van either! LOL! Glad to see you guys are well.
xo
Post a Comment