.jpg)
.jpg)
Seth turned 9 months old this month. This has been a really hard month for Seth. He is the worst (and slowest) teether I have ever seen. He has spent most of the last 2 months crying half the day and crying and waking up all night. Finally, his last tooth came through and we can see its edge. Seriously - two months to get two teeth partially out. The poor boy - its going to be a long couple years if they all take this long.
Otherwise, Seth is a pretty happy boy. He is getting pretty fast at crawling, but seems content to do the army crawl. He pulls up on everything all the time. He is standing no matter where you look. He is a huge climber, too. He climbs out of everything - your arms, his highchair, the seat in the grocery cart, and with seat buckles on, too. This kid does not want to be contained! He still hates his car seat as much as ever.
Seth is a little too interested in moving to be interesting in eating. He gets bored after nursing for just a few minutes. He climbs out of his high chair and tries to do contortionist stuff to get out of buckles. If he doesn't want to eat (which is most of time), he will cry and shake him head back and forth vigorously. I have mostly given up, so I let him sit on Andrew's little chair on the floor and climb all over that while I feed him. He mostly just likes cheerios and bananas and curry. He likes bread products, too. And he sure loved the ice cream he had when my parents were here - couldn't get enough of that.
Seth is still babbling a lot more. He says Mama and Dada still. He said "Yuck" when my parents were here - I think it might have been for the ice cream .... it was definitely for something yummy. I swear I have heard him say Andrew, but I haven't heard it recently, so I could be wrong. Most of the time, it seems like Seth just says stuff after much premeditation.
My parents and sister Sarah visited for several days. Seth, true to form, wanted no one but Mom and would quickly crawl into my laugh whenever anyone else tried to hold him. He is a HUGE mommy's boy, right now, which can be kind of hard for me. I am surprised he does so well with our babysitter. But as soon as I come out of my room from working, he goes straight to me and then gets this huge smile on his face, like "Ha ha. Now I have what I want".
Seth really loves reading stories now, mostly because he likes to sit on my lap. He really loves Karen Katz book "Where is Baby's Pumpkin" as well as "Snuggly Puppy" and a fisher price Peekaboo book. He gets the hugest smile and shakes out of excitement when he sees them. He loves listening and dancing to music. He also likes playing with Andrew's toys, seeing Mom cook, being held, and pulling things off of shelves. He loves to chew on everything, look outside, go places, and see things. Suprisingly, though, he is not a big fan of his stroller and cries and wants to be held half way through a trip.
Here are pictures of Seth, probably mostly from when my parents were here. Enjoy. As you can see, Seth loves the zoo (we go every week), the humidity of the butterfly house makes him sleeping (he loves to sleep in his swing), and when he gets impatient in the double stroller (old and ghetto, but it was only $15 on craigslist), he pulls on Andrew's coat (or now, that's it's warmer, his hair).
No comments:
Post a Comment