Friday, July 02, 2010

Week in Review

What did we do this week? This post is strictly for my memory and grandparents ... ha ha ha.

Monday - Play at park next to the library and then STORY TIME at the library. Andrew loves this one because he gets suckers! In the afternoon, we visited the "cookie store", i.e. Schnucks, the grocery store for groceries.

Tuesday - poor Seth got blood drawn (from his arm!) for a lead test. Afterwards, we hit the ZOO, which was a huge hit. Seth finally fell asleep as we walked to the car while Andrew played at TURTLE PARK. Then, we enjoyed samples and a hot dog at Sam's club while we picked up a few things.

Wednesday - we went visiting teaching, two visits. Then, we drove to go HIKING at Emmenegger Nature Park. We had a picnic lunch and then I strapped Seth in a carrier and we hiked 1.75 miles. Andrew wanted to quit about halfway through, but we made a quick call to Grandpa for some motivation. The views were nice and I was impressed Andrew made it all the way. I think that is about his limit - especially, if it's just me and I can't carry him. Then, we stopped by the Powder Valley NATURE CENTER, which we love!

Thursday - we planned on staying at home all day ... but we had to stop at Target to get chocolate chips to make ice cream (unfortunately, the ice cream never set up ... oh, well. Then, the kids both fell asleep in the car and took late naps. I woke them up just in time to go to a special library summer reading program with a JUGGLER/MAGICIAN. Andrew loved it and even Seth liked the juggling - they were pretty entertaining and taught the kids about the water cycle.

Friday - we stayed at home in the morning. In the afternoon, the kids were driving me bonkers and it was warm enough (i.e. > 90 degrees) to hit the local splash park - TILLES PARK. I love this park and it is SO close! They have a great playground, swings, sand box, music area, big pond, fishing, and water! The boys love and love to play together. And I took pictures! Seth fell asleep and took a very late nap, so we improvised and went to the CONCERT at the ZOO which was Katsu's very first trip to the zoo. Fun.

Pictures from Tilles Park this morning:








No comments: