What a week.
First, this (and keep in mind, I am horrible at taking pictures of rashes, etc. Everything looks like at least twice as bad in person):
(itchy hives that we think are from eating salmon about 15 minutes previous).
Then, the world’s itchiest diaper rash a day or so later (maybe from something exiting the system?).
And then this:
Hmmm … that almost looks like measles, you might think. And by jove, you’re right, it does. Somehow when he had his MMR vaccine a couple weeks ago and they mentioned a “mild” rash and fever were possible a week or so after the shot, this is NOT what I had envisioned. The doctor confirmed it’s just a “reaction” (after looking up and showing me and the nurse very similar pictures in her textbook), although I am still unclear about the difference between just getting a rash and having full blown measles (although he doesn’t have a fever or seem to be too annoyed by the rash, thank heavens). I mean, it is a live virus for the vaccine. It’s not contagious. But like anyone is going to believe that if we leave the house in the next week or so. And should I be concerned that at least 2 other people in the sick waiting room looked very similar to Seth. More reactions to vaccines??? Or are more ominous spotting diseases in our future …
No comments:
Post a Comment